Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Good house insurance company in Florida

Periodic Contributor

Good house insurance company in Florida

Hi,

I just received the renewal notice for my house and the premium increases significantly.

Do you have any good house insurance companies in Florida to recommend?

Thanks,

Po

Po
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Hi @PoTak , were you able find a policy? I am sure hurricanes Ian and Nicole "increased" prices. Luv your response @GailL1 ! Thanks, Nicole 🙂

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Eventually I can with Citizens, the state home insurance company but it may not be the most price competitive one.

Po
Honored Social Butterfly

I have read that Florida is having a hard time keeping insurance companies in the state due to hurricanes and the damage they cause to property. 

Your state Dept of Insurance may be of some help if only to give you the names of companies still writing policies in your area. 

Whatever you do - don't cancel what you have before another policy is in place if you can find one.  Or find one at a decent premiums - that may be the really hard part.

Maybe this will help you if you are looking for (best) ratings (not necessarily the cheapest) - the article tells the tale of Florida Property Insurance problems.

Bankrate.com 07/05/2022 - Best homeowners insurance in Florida in 2022

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP