Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Getting old but able to care for self. Need afordable safe private living quarters. SS $ too low..

Contributor

Getting old but able to care for self. Need afordable safe private living quarters. SS $ too low..

Need afordable safe private living quarters but Soc. Sec. $ too low for senior living places here in Surprise, Arizona.. Most safe places cost more than my montly Soc Sec. or would leave me no money for utilities, food or other necesssities. Is AARP groups in Arizona available to work on such problems for folks such s myself who still have a life?

Super Contributor

No matter where in the USA I look for housing, the nice places are way too expensive, and the affordable housing units are either full or not well cared for so AMERICA truly NEEDS to do better with their retiring citizens ESPECIALLY because we are living longer, and NOT all of us are rich. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@dorothyh77351 wrote:

Need afordable safe private living quarters but Soc. Sec. $ too low for senior living places here in Surprise, Arizona.. Most safe places cost more than my montly Soc Sec. or would leave me no money for utilities, food or other necesssities. Is AARP groups in Arizona available to work on such problems for folks such s myself who still have a life?

Single moms with kids often do what's called "co-abode." Is there another senior you could room with? Moms do this to live in better school districts. Maybe you could find a nicer neighborhood with another person? 

Super Contributor

That's just not in Arizona, it's all over AMERICA! **bleep** shame, too. What they do NOT take into account today is that we are living longer, and the retiring population did NOT make the money citizens are being paid today. The housing rates are extremely OVER priced! I'm sure GOD is NOT happy with how AMERICA is overpricing the cost of living to the point only the very wealthy will be able to live. **bleep** shame!

Gold Conversationalist

hi Dorothy,

Good luck with your hunt. I'm sure many people are in your position.

You may want to ask the moderators to "move" your post. It is in the forum for "Scams and Fraud". I don't think you intended that. I found that sometimes it can be tricky to find the correct forum for a question.

@dorothyh77351 wrote:

Regular Contributor

I watch a different sunset every night from my deck. I live simple. We have a grocery outlet. I am 5 minutes from Walmart. This is how I make it on retiirement. I assist with those who can't care for themselves. Good luck to you. I would love to build tiny houses on my 6 acres for seniors to enjoy my simple life. 

Gold Conversationalist

PatD104587....Where do you live?

If you or someone you may know needs free housing with minimal trade off duties, please have them contact me.

FREE Live-In-Trade Off Opportunity In Sandy Spring/Olney, MD Area

Live in the home for free, includes free cable, internet, phone, while trading off for minimal duties.  Perfect for a retired female, someone working from home, or someone with limited income. Serious inquiries only. Call Mary at 301-774-3040 or email maryawkward@gmail.com, anytime for a detailed conversation and interview.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @PatD104587 

That would be great, a tiny homes senior communityHeart

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Regular Contributor

Live in a cabin, private, woods, garden, small town, antique shops, we even have a dollar store....... let's do it!!!!!!!! Lots of seniors retiring in surrounding areas. 

Gold Conversationalist

PatD104587....Where do you live?
Regular Contributor

I have the land and the view.....I enjoy every day and wish I could share, especially now with all the illness....thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP