Trusted Contributor

🏝 2022-2023 Florida Housing Market (Rentals)!

🏝GAIL'S RESPONSE: If you want to live in a more reasonable Florida - look to the middle of the state or close to the GA/FL line.

🏝MY ONLINE RESEARCH: The closest large city in Florida to Georgia (which has the abbreviation β€˜Ga’) is Tallahassee.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

FORBES 11/02/2022 States people are fleeing and states where people are moving

Florida has a lot of things people want - especially retirees - so they may not be going back and forth as the seasons change, they go and stay because of the advantages to the place - everything from weather to taxes to healthcare especially for the aged - they love their Medicare Advantage plans in some elderly communities.

Florida also has lots of snow birds from other countries so you aren’t just competing for a spot with US Citizens.

If you want to live in a more reasonable Florida - look to the middle of the state or close to the GA/FL line - where the Southern Cowboys and Girls hang out with their livestock.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna

View solution in original post

Trusted Contributor

Thanks (1/5/23) Thank you SO MUCH @GailL1 and I have marked your response as my solution! πŸ˜‰ Lol, you have given me HOPE and now I can move forward with my research. Nicole πŸ™‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

1 comment (1/5/23) So no-one lives in Florida or know someone that does? 😭

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FORBES 11/02/2022 States people are fleeing and states where people are moving

Florida has a lot of things people want - especially retirees - so they may not be going back and forth as the seasons change, they go and stay because of the advantages to the place - everything from weather to taxes to healthcare especially for the aged - they love their Medicare Advantage plans in some elderly communities.

Florida also has lots of snow birds from other countries so you aren’t just competing for a spot with US Citizens.

If you want to live in a more reasonable Florida - look to the middle of the state or close to the GA/FL line - where the Southern Cowboys and Girls hang out with their livestock.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Bronze Conversationalist

I have one question. You obviously know Fla better than I do but why is summer considered tourist season? I would think now would be. Here in Maine summer is crawling with tourists, I guess I dont get why,if Fla is sooooo hot in summer,that it would be easier to find a rent then as opposed to winter when its so nice there and so cold in the north. Just wondering.

Trusted Contributor

1 comment (12/27/22) Hi @LeeS6949 , thank you SO MUCH for stopping by!

Summer is when "schools" are out and families take their "vacations" at Disney and Universal Studios.

EVERYTHING is way too "high" as the "locals" INCREASE prices.

Home and apartment owners RENT out to these vacationers as a lot of people hate hotels.

Lol, we won't even talk about the HIGH plane, hotel and rental car prices!!

Folks travel WORLDWIDE to Disney and Universal Studios.

Personally, too old for the "heat" and crowds and no parking drama.

And of course the TICKETS to both places keep going up.

I may be wrong, but GAS goes up too!!!

Thanks,

Nicole πŸ™‚ (Housing Forum)

@LeeS6949 wrote:

I have one question. You obviously know Fla better than I do but why is summer considered tourist season? I would think now would be. Here in Maine summer is crawling with tourists, I guess I dont get why,if Fla is sooooo hot in summer,that it would be easier to find a rent then as opposed to winter when its so nice there and so cold in the north. Just wondering.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Ah! Never looked at it that way. I figured you'd have a handle on it.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP