Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ FLORIDA Housing Market (Single-Family HOME Rentals)!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ FLORIDA Housing Market (Single-Family HOME Rentals)!

๐ŸGAIL'S RESPONSE: If you want to live in a more reasonable Florida - look to the middle of the state or close to the GA/FL line.

๐ŸMY ONLINE RESEARCH: The closest large city in Florida to Georgia (which has the abbreviation โ€˜Gaโ€™) is Tallahassee.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Yup, it is desirable, heed "if you build it, they will come".  I found on my last trip in 2003 (since 1986), it has become overcrowded, pricey, & really has lost the charm I knew when I spent much time there in the '70's & 80's.

Edit: A better description the area has become exploited, several of my childhood friends & a cousin all ended up in southern Florida, they tell me pretty much the same thing, unless you have a half mill to shell out for your housing budget, you may has well be living under a bridge with the homeless.... I understand they eat their young there too! ๐Ÿ˜‰    

Anonymous
Not applicable

4 comments (3/30/23) Oh YES @Tempest332 ! When I left Florida in 2015 heading to Virginia where my "only" child had been offered an AWESOME job in Arlington, Virginia - it was still "reasonable" in my opinion. NOW, h.ll no!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ She returned to FLORIDA in 2018, she HATED Virginia - I was surprised she had left Florida where she was born and NEVER left. I luv Virginia and stayed BUT as I age, it will be EASIER on her if I move back. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Thank you for stopping by to chat with us, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

โžก๏ธ@Tempest332 wrote:

Yup, it is desirable, heed "if you build it, they will come".  I found on my last trip in 2003 (since 1986), it has become overcrowded, pricey, & really has lost the charm I knew when I spent much time there in the '70's & 80's.โฌ…๏ธ 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nice if you have that option, my cousin told me not to come down there.... I could visit him, but only for 2-3 days.

Oh man, the D.C. area is Veeeeerrrry expensive! (tut tut) maybe more than Florida, so that would level the playing field for you.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (3/30/23) Lol @Tempest332 , I am NOW in Roanoke, Virginia. Moved here in 2018 when my daughter went back to Melbourne, Florida. Nicole๐Ÿ™ƒ

โžก๏ธ@Tempest332 wrote:

Nice if you have that option, my cousin told me not to come down there.... I could visit him, but only for 2-3 days.

Oh man, the D.C. area is Veeeeerrrry expensive! (tut tut) maybe more than Florida, so that would level the playing field for you.   โฌ…๏ธ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Not familiar with the cost factor of Roanoke, a friend of my mom's built their second "Summer" home in an exclusive area near there, Huddleston I think was the name of the berg.  Edit: About an hour outside Roanoke. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I wanted to post this link to a CBS news story.

I donโ€™t know if you are gonna see the housing market in Florida, especially, decline too much because it is still a very desirable place for a lot of reasons.

CBS News 02/03/2023 - States Americans are moving to - and the states they are ditching.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/5/23) So no-one lives in Florida or know someone that does? ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Honored Social Butterfly

FORBES 11/02/2022 States people are fleeing and states where people are moving

Florida has a lot of things people want - especially retirees - so they may not be going back and forth as the seasons change, they go and stay because of the advantages to the place - everything from weather to taxes to healthcare especially for the aged - they love their Medicare Advantage plans in some elderly communities.

Florida also has lots of snow birds from other countries so you arenโ€™t just competing for a spot with US Citizens.

If you want to live in a more reasonable Florida - look to the middle of the state or close to the GA/FL line - where the Southern Cowboys and Girls hang out with their livestock.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Silver Conversationalist

I have one question. You obviously know Fla better than I do but why is summer considered tourist season? I would think now would be. Here in Maine summer is crawling with tourists, I guess I dont get why,if Fla is sooooo hot in summer,that it would be easier to find a rent then as opposed to winter when its so nice there and so cold in the north. Just wondering.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/27/22) Hi @LeeS4949 , thank you SO MUCH for stopping by!

Summer is when "schools" are out and families take their "vacations" at Disney and Universal Studios.

EVERYTHING is way too "high" as the "locals" INCREASE prices.

Home and apartment owners RENT out to these vacationers as a lot of people hate hotels.

Lol, we won't even talk about the HIGH plane, hotel and rental car prices!!

Folks travel WORLDWIDE to Disney and Universal Studios.

Personally, too old for the "heat" and crowds and no parking drama.

And of course the TICKETS to both places keep going up.

I may be wrong, but GAS goes up too!!!

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿก (Housing Forum)

Silver Conversationalist

Ah! Never looked at it that way. I figured you'd have a handle on it.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP