You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: things that have enriched and improved your life

Message 1 of 25

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 25
Alcohol is alcohol and for some a definite no no!! Maybe that's why the Vikings were such war-lords.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 25
Hard earned cash has enriched mine.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 25

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 25
@js91096369 wrote:
I am a physician. Having practiced medicine for the past 35 plus years, I have gained significant knowledge. Currently I am semi-retired. One of the changes I made about three years ago was to help out the needy. We started a FREE CLINIC for the uninsured and under-insured. This has helped hundreds of people over the yaers. Apart from the satisfaction of helping those in need, I found this experience rich and rewarding. I hope to God that he gives me energy and wisdom to continue this work for some time to come. By the way for those who are in real need, there are numerous such FREE or LOW COST clinics in large cities all across this country including small towns like Winslow Arizona! Some are set up to accept a small amount depending upon one's income. 

Is this still necessary with Obamacare?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 25

I am a physician. Having practiced medicine for the past 35 plus years, I have gained significant knowledge. Currently I am semi-retired. One of the changes I made about three years ago was to help out the needy. We started a FREE CLINIC for the uninsured and under-insured. This has helped hundreds of people over the yaers. Apart from the satisfaction of helping those in need, I found this experience rich and rewarding. I hope to God that he gives me energy and wisdom to continue this work for some time to come. By the way for those who are in real need, there are numerous such FREE or LOW COST clinics in large cities all across this country including small towns like Winslow Arizona! Some are set up to accept a small amount depending upon one's income. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 25

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 25

@es2979 wrote:

5 years ago I decided to learn herbalism. Since then I have learned to grow, harvest, process my own organic herbs, to forage wild herbs, to make syrups, tinctures, teas, lotions and salve. We use 0 (as in zero) commercial medicines. Not even sleep aids or allergy pills. And we are far healthier. Indeed, my stinging nettles tincture has cured my husband's allergies. When he was tested (way back when) he was allergic to 99% of all allergens, so that's really something.

How did you acquire the skills tobe be a herbalist?  Does it take a lot of time to make the potions?  

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 25

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 25

"....I love the internet access to so many healthy receipes and articles and information related to healthy eating and healthy living in general..  Finding information is so easy and convenient! and it is great to have such easy access to so many other people's imput and ideas.....".

I'm late to this thread. Totally agree. Never really thought about it, take it for granted. Yes, life has changed greatly after retiring by using the internet. I do a lot of online ordering of various products, heavily use it for travel, heavily use it for fixing things and home maintenance and of course, almost all finances including paying bills is all done online.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views