Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Your Word for 2022

rsz_2021_2022_road.jpgIt's resolution season. As the end of 2021 approaches and you reflect on the past year, what is your word for 2022?  Learn more on how a personal word can keep you motivated in the New Year.

My word is balance. I'm looking to create more equilibrium in my life in the coming year.

What are you going to forge in the coming year?

Recognized Social Butterfly

Be you and Love everything of you

Racquel Evans
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I found this page this morning while I was searching for encouragement and motivation. Loving on each other through this medium is so good. I'll be back!

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

My word for 2022 is Thank You 

Racquel Evans
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your words! I'm delighted and inspired by you all. Cheers to 2022 🥂

wordcloud 2022 words for the year.jpg

0 Kudos

My word for 2022 is Kindness. Kindness towards myself & Kindness towards others. We can always use more of that in this world, and there's certainly room for me to do a better job. 🙂

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

My word is thrive. I want to do more than just survive the coming year.

Periodic Contributor

My word is "inclusion". Each of us need to work harder to be more inclusive in our individual and daily lives, to work to promote inclusion in our societies to overcome inequity and divisivness, and other social impediments to a stronger social fabric and more cohesive body politic. 

Zola
Contributor

Hydrate!

Social Butterfly

@BrredaH912687  I love your word!  As someone who had struggled with kidney stones for the last few years, that's a big one for me. 

0 Kudos

Try drinking 8 oz of water every hour or every time you go to the bathroom. It’s not a lot at one time and it’s easy to get your 8+ glasses a day. Good luck! 

Social Butterfly

@DeniseF957843  Welcome to the aarp online community!  Thank you for contributing.  I need to drink more water, and those are good tips.

0 Kudos

My word for 2022 is "purpose".  I want to have purpose, live with purpose, and make purposeful moves, on purpose!

Contributor

my word is hope. Hope for our nation, hope for more peace and love and hope that we can conquer the pandemic. 

Social Butterfly

@KathyW552366  Welcome to the online community!  Hope is a great word to choose, and so appropriate and needed now.  Hope ( couldn't help myself ) to see more interesting contributions from you.  Lots of forums to check out.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have chosen the word WONDER. My husband chose EXPERIENCE. I think both are exciting and can go in several directions. I am excited for my first year of retirement 

Social Butterfly

@JenniferC410723  Congratulations on your retirement, and welcome to AARP's online community.  You and your husband have picked great words for the new year.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My word for 2022 is ELEVATION. In my spiritual, physical and mental self. 

Contributor

My word for 2022 is "Share".  Share my resources, share kindness, share hope

share life 

My word of the year for '22 is "healthy "...and it applies to several areas of my life.

Periodic Contributor

Better 

Let's get better. Let's have a better year.  Let's treat ourselves and others better.  I like the word because it doesn't judge,  it just asks to make some progress,  some advancements,  get a little farther. 

My word for 2022 is PURPOSE! I will set goals that add value to me, my community, and all mankind! 

Transformation.  Letting go and letting in.  Allowing the Universe to right itself, and being willing to align and participate with it, through my own conscious actions.

I’ve been going through possible words for  2022, and keep coming back to “presence.” That includes focus, working on one thing at a time, and reading others to fulfill their needs. 

Contributor

My word is hopeful. 

Contributor

My word is introspection. Since we now have a very contagious version of Covid with Omicron, we have time to reflect on ourselves and see if there is something we can work on to become the best US we can be. Maybe learn a little more compassion and kindness, less judgement, more hope, less despair, more tolerance, less complaining! Happy New Year to you all!

Social Butterfly

@maydayfla Thank you for your positive perspective. Love the positive spin and opportunities for the new year.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

My word is adaptation.  I'm moving into a Senior Residence this Spring.  I really don't want to, but I think it's the best thing for me to do, as I'm approaching 87, and slowing down.  I hate to lose my independence and have to follow rules, but I can't take care of my house the way I used to, and my sons worry about me.  I hope I can adapt to the situation successfully.

Periodic Contributor

I sold my house last year, moved into an apartment and Love It! Furnace quit at the house,  it was up to me to fix.  Furnace quit at the apartment, they brought in a heater and fixed it fast.  I love not having to remember all the maintenance and upkeep of the house.  It is freedom!  87 isn't old unless you let it be. Enjoy your new place.  

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@bh523 I first want to say, welcome to the AARP online community! It's great to have you join us. Next, I really like your word "adaptation."  The perfect word for what you will be going through as you move to a new living environment.  Change ( the unknown ) can be unsettling, and sometimes a bit scary.  There are still many things that you will be able to do for yourself in the "Senior Residence." Wishing you the best of luck, as you journey into this next chapter in your life.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP