How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Would post this in healthy living but best not!!

Message 1 of 8 (257 Views)

LaDolceVita wrote:

Anyway, she loooks very good. 

http://www.johnkingsblog.com/2017/09/111-old-grace-jones-attributes-longevity-whiskey.html?utm_sourc...

hahahahhaha    she looks pretty happy!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 2 of 8 (313 Views)

ReTiReD51 wrote:

My Good friend and neighbor is 88 years old and he still plays some golf plus yard work and gets around good. He’s fond of telling me that he is fortunate to have a chemical engineering background because he has perfected how much scotch or wine he needs each day to live to be 100.

I think I’ll go and visit my 88 year-old neighbor now. Stay healthly. 

I love it!

vita umbratilis

Message 3 of 8 (344 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

Yeah. There have been so many articles that point out that how long/how well we live is at least 50% genetic, no matter how many sweaty workouts you do and how many veges you eat.

I always think about George Burns. Cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, made it to 100 while still holding the two items. 

Image result for george burns pic with whiskey and cigar

@retiredtraveler  He was terrific!  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Centenarian swears whiskey has kept her alive

Message 4 of 8 (385 Views)

@retiredtraveler I know, right?

Who is to say I won't be run over by a bus tomorrow. Meanwhile, though, since every disease in my family tree falls under the lifestyle variety, I'm on a mission to try to avoid getting any of those. Sure doesn't mean I won't get some dread disease and die a horrible death, but it is what I can do, so I do do. Smiley Happy Besides, it keeps me off the streets. So there's that. Smiley Happy

As stated your mileage may vary.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 8 (392 Views)

Yeah. There have been so many articles that point out that how long/how well we live is at least 50% genetic, no matter how many sweaty workouts you do and how many veges you eat.

I always think about George Burns. Cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, made it to 100 while still holding the two items. 

Image result for george burns pic with whiskey and cigar

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 8 (417 Views)

My Good friend and neighbor is 88 years old and he still plays some golf plus yard work and gets around good. He’s fond of telling me that he is fortunate to have a chemical engineering background because he has perfected how much scotch or wine he needs each day to live to be 100.

American heart and other health organizations say alcohol in moderation is healthy for you. But they don’t suggest you start drinking alcohol for the health benefits only if you already drink alcohol drink in moderation and enjoy some health benefits.   

I think I’ll go and visit my 88 year-old neighbor now. Stay healthly. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 8 (444 Views)

A good demonstration of what we say all the time around here: there is no one path to your optimum health. No one size fits all. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Would post this in healthy living but best not!!

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 8 (453 Views)