Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Woman, 83, Only Female On Championship Team

Message 1 of 2

Only woman on the team. Other teammates younger than she. 2017 Champions.

What's not to like about this 83-year-old woman? Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Woman, 83, Only Female On Championship Team

Message 2 of 2

'Very good for the body': 83-year-old softball pitcher has no plans to slow down

Two years ago, Norma Franzese, 81, was one of the stars of the local men's softball team, when the manager dropped her. His reasoning? She was too "frail."

83-year-old-pitches-baseball-today-inline-1-171117_344a753e3660cbf4574c2f6df4f50480.today-inline-large.jpgThanks to her pitching skills, Franzese just helped her team to win the Huntsman World Senior Games last month.

Franzese was stunned: She was one of the reasons the team was winning. Yet, ever the supportive teammate, she continued to cheer the members on from the sidelines. A few weeks later, she watched as her team played in a season-ending tournament. They had to win the next game or they'd be eliminated. Worried they wouldn’t prevail, the manager asked Franzese to play.

“I pitched that game and they won it,” she told TODAY. “(But) he still dropped me from the team.”

After losing a few games without Franzese, the manager left and she returned.

“I am the only woman on the team,” she said. “The guys are all younger than me.”

Read the entire article, and watch the video report here: https://www.today.com/health/83-year-old-woman-still-pitches-softball-has-no-plans-t118978

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies