You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your healthy habit?

Message 1 of 20

Three actually: I try to do at least one meaningful task a day like a home repair or other one time only thing - laundry or loading the dishwasher don’t count; I watch what I eat and weigh by planning my meals and tracking what I eat; and I lightly exercise every day, including a daily 60 min walk and weight lifting m-w-f at my church family center.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

I allow myself one indulgence a day.  That could be a sweet such as one or two cookies or a glass of good red wine. The glass of good red wine usually wins out.  Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

I think my healthiest habit is to ignore the latest advertising hype about what's good for a person to eat and what's not, and eat a healthy, whole foods diet.  This, of course, is in addition to exercising my body as well as my brain.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

I keep my alcohol consumption down to two a day!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

MIND

Message 5 of 20

Do something  for someone else. Can't think of something simple, just draw a funny cartoon and put it on their porch.  I begin, before I begin my morning walk with a rollin' walker, with a simple little card with a funny joke or a funny face and the word SMILE on it somewhere and leave it for one of my 77 neighbors.  On special occasions, I do 77 hand drawn cards, cartoons, and leave one with a mini candy bar for each and everyone and I smile HARD! and I walk faster and longer and smile the whole way.  My whole being feels good and lucky and happy.  Some of the people don't even know who I am WHO CARES, maybe they'll smile and the cartoon or the Smiley face or just getting a piece of mail, WHO CARES, as long as they SMILE. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

Two thoughts:

1. Play a sport.  I play tennis.  Started in my late 40s.  It works out your body, your mind, and it's very social. 

2. Get rid of junk food in your house. Willpower is used up over the course of a day, and by around 8 p.m., mine is gone when it comes to eating junk. Removing it enabled me to lose 15 pounds over a period of two months, and I have kept it off for two and a half years by using this healthy trick.

Jan Cullinane, author, AARP's The Single Woman's Guide to Retirement

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

I pray and read my Bible every day.

Tom Higgins
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

I might score in the minus for this category.  I used to swim laps 2 or 3 times a week but I voluntarily stopped driving and colder weather made walking to the rec center an obstacle.  Excuses, I know.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

I drink at least one full gallon (64 oz) of water each and every ay, beginning with the moment I wake up, but finishing no later than 3 p.m.  If you also drink other "liquids" (coffee, tea, or other things), they do NOT count as water and would be on top of pure filtered water.  This get you going and helps to clear out all of the toxins in your body.  :-)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

I make sure that I have 1 quart of water before I start work.  A 16 oz cup full at home and a 16.9 oz bottle on the way in.  I feel refreshad and ready for the daywhen I do this.  When I don't, I know what's missing.

Kudos
Views