Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your healthy habit?

Message 11 of 37

I drink a lot of water, because I do not like sodas or teas. Water with ice is the perfect drink for me.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 37

I do a routine of exercises each morning before getting out of bed, mostly leg, back, and lower muscle exercises.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 37

I am almost 80 and this health tip was from my grandfather. It works for me. He always said "The best exercise is push yourself away from the table".

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 37

I live in a condo and my storage room (where I keep bottled water as well as the usual junk found in storage rooms) is housed in the garage, a total  of 15 stairs up to our actual condo. At any rate I drink a lot of water, running out very quickly. So every few days I make a water run to the garage - put 10-12 bottles in a canvas bag and set the bag down at the foot of the stairs. Then, one by one, I carry the bottles to the top of the stairs, right outside my condo door!!! So I usually climb a minimum of 150 stairs each time. I do this after grocery shopping also, or for anything I need from the car or storage - carry individual items up the stairs one at a time. (Sorry that was so wordy 😱😱😱 - but I AM 70!!!🤪🤪🤪)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 37

I watch what I eat and my weight by planning my meals and keeping track of what I eat and weigh. I try to do some form of workout each day as in exercises, stretches, lifting wieghts and walking or any combination of those and I also keep track of those too. I think that keeping track kind of keeps me accountable to myself to stay on my plan. This one's kind of simple but I always park as far away as I can instead of searching for a close spot, not only is it more exercise, it also helps me feel better about myself by helping those less fortunate to a close spot.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: MIND

Message 16 of 37

You are a beautiful soul!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 37

Push myself to exercise on a regular basis.  Sometimes it is not an easy thing to do.  But got to do what you got to do.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 37

Three actually: I try to do at least one meaningful task a day like a home repair or other one time only thing - laundry or loading the dishwasher don’t count; I watch what I eat and weigh by planning my meals and tracking what I eat; and I lightly exercise every day, including a daily 60 min walk and weight lifting m-w-f at my church family center.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 37

I allow myself one indulgence a day.  That could be a sweet such as one or two cookies or a glass of good red wine. The glass of good red wine usually wins out.  Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 37

I think my healthiest habit is to ignore the latest advertising hype about what's good for a person to eat and what's not, and eat a healthy, whole foods diet.  This, of course, is in addition to exercising my body as well as my brain.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season