Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your healthy habit?

Message 21 of 37

I keep my alcohol consumption down to two a day!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

MIND

Message 22 of 37

Do something  for someone else. Can't think of something simple, just draw a funny cartoon and put it on their porch.  I begin, before I begin my morning walk with a rollin' walker, with a simple little card with a funny joke or a funny face and the word SMILE on it somewhere and leave it for one of my 77 neighbors.  On special occasions, I do 77 hand drawn cards, cartoons, and leave one with a mini candy bar for each and everyone and I smile HARD! and I walk faster and longer and smile the whole way.  My whole being feels good and lucky and happy.  Some of the people don't even know who I am WHO CARES, maybe they'll smile and the cartoon or the Smiley face or just getting a piece of mail, WHO CARES, as long as they SMILE. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 37

Two thoughts:

1. Play a sport.  I play tennis.  Started in my late 40s.  It works out your body, your mind, and it's very social. 

2. Get rid of junk food in your house. Willpower is used up over the course of a day, and by around 8 p.m., mine is gone when it comes to eating junk. Removing it enabled me to lose 15 pounds over a period of two months, and I have kept it off for two and a half years by using this healthy trick.

Jan Cullinane, author, AARP's The Single Woman's Guide to Retirement

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 37

I pray and read my Bible every day.

Tom Higgins
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 37

I might score in the minus for this category.  I used to swim laps 2 or 3 times a week but I voluntarily stopped driving and colder weather made walking to the rec center an obstacle.  Excuses, I know.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 37

I drink at least one full gallon (64 oz) of water each and every ay, beginning with the moment I wake up, but finishing no later than 3 p.m.  If you also drink other "liquids" (coffee, tea, or other things), they do NOT count as water and would be on top of pure filtered water.  This get you going and helps to clear out all of the toxins in your body.  :-)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 37

I make sure that I have 1 quart of water before I start work.  A 16 oz cup full at home and a 16.9 oz bottle on the way in.  I feel refreshad and ready for the daywhen I do this.  When I don't, I know what's missing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 37

@ip3285  You keep up the good work! Smiley Happy And keep us posted!

I didn't think it was a competition. I was just sharing honestly how I got into such good shape. But I'm not done yet, as this is my goal. Kay Glynn is a world class 65+ year olds senior athlete. (I lost track of her age, but think she's about 5 years my senior). Being in this kind of shape post-60 is totally possible. It takes discipline. I'm almost there.

Kay Glynn.png60-something athlete Kay Glynn at the US Senior Olympics.

PS I had a chocolate truffle last night. Of course I wore 4 pound ankle weights all day in order to 'afford' the truffle, and I got in my workout this morning as well, but... Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 37

I currently do 10 minutes of chair exercises several health issues won't allow walking far. I make sure I get my fiber, fish and legumes. A soda once a month if that often. Don't smoke or use drugs. Afraid of opiods so arthritis hurts constantly aleeve does not help but is prescribed by y primary care for fear of kidney failure.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 37

Hi usually go to gym on daily basis so for that reason i avoid junk foods, oily foods that makes me fatty. I also minimise the consumption of alcohol during party. Getting proper sleep helps me to feel fresh for whole day.

Kudos
Views