Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is your healthy habit?

Do you have a daily healthy habit you can share with others?  I have started drinking warm lemon water every morning in lieu of going straight for the coffee.  What is your's?

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Hi usually go to gym on daily basis so for that reason i avoid junk foods, oily foods that makes me fatty. I also minimise the consumption of alcohol during party. Getting proper sleep helps me to feel fresh for whole day.

Periodic Contributor

Well !

I do cycling daily for 30minutes and drink 3-4 liter of liquide which includes water, juice, and milk.

I mostly avoid fast junk food, too fatty food, and cold soft drinks.

Music helps me to relief my stress, any 20minutes of meditation.

Thankyou

Bronze Conversationalist

I walk and run several days a week and go to the gym two days to use the machines.  To help keep me healthy emotionally, I join a coloring group at the library for two hours a week where we color, gab and laugh.  In addition, I volunteer at the library where I get to socialize even more with other volunteers, and feel that I'm doing something for my community.  To stay free of the seemingly nonstop produce contamination, I garden and grow much of my own vegetables and fruit, and have chickens who give me delicious organic eggs.  And, of course, I keep my brain "thinking" by responding to many of the questions on this forum!

Honored Social Butterfly

I eat real food (not canned, not packaged, not restaurant, but from-scratch low salt, low fat, nutrient dense homemade food); workout at least 5 times a week until I'm sweating; get plenty of sleep and drink a lot of water but no soda, juice or alcohol. I'm closing in on 60 and am in the best shape of my life.

My healthy habit, in a nutshell, is to pay attention to every nutrient I put into my body. And then to work off many of those nutrients. ๐Ÿ˜‰

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

@Epster: Good for you - keep up the good nutrition and exercise and you'll catch up with me, who's soon to be 80!!! However, we must remember to keep balance in our lives. A hot fudge sundae once in a while, if you like that type of thing, but avoid because you read that it it "might" be bad(for someone), won't hurt your body, but might be good for your emotions! Moderation is the key, and enjoyment is the spice of life.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ip3285  You keep up the good work! ๐Ÿ™‚ And keep us posted!

I didn't think it was a competition. I was just sharing honestly how I got into such good shape. But I'm not done yet, as this is my goal. Kay Glynn is a world class 65+ year olds senior athlete. (I lost track of her age, but think she's about 5 years my senior). Being in this kind of shape post-60 is totally possible. It takes discipline. I'm almost there.

60-something athlete Kay Glynn at the US Senior Olympics.60-something athlete Kay Glynn at the US Senior Olympics.

PS I had a chocolate truffle last night. Of course I wore 4 pound ankle weights all day in order to 'afford' the truffle, and I got in my workout this morning as well, but... ๐Ÿ™‚

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Contributor

I make sure that I have 1 quart of water before I start work.  A 16 oz cup full at home and a 16.9 oz bottle on the way in.  I feel refreshad and ready for the daywhen I do this.  When I don't, I know what's missing.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

2-hour workouts at the gym, 5 days a week. An hour of aerobics, an hour of weight lifting. It's simply part of my day.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Honored Social Butterfly

I gave up Diet Coke about 7-8 years ago and drink sparkling water instead.

I walk a minimum of 15,000 steps a day, which is hard for me because I still have a desk job.

Those are the two that keep me sane.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP