Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Conversationalist

What is your favorite cookie?

Message 61 of 79 (762 Views)

If not for me being a diabetic, my favorite cookie was chocolate cream filled in between two chocolate cookies. Haven't observed them in any of our stores in many years. My next favorite would be the double stuffed vanilla filling between two vanilla cookies. Ahhhhh  memories!

Info Seeker

Re: What is your favorite cookie?

Message 62 of 79 (722 Views)

Mine has always been oatmeal raisin.

Info Seeker

Message 63 of 79 (663 Views)

I love oatmeal cookies, with raisins. All hot and chewy, just baked is the best. But I'll take them right out of the cookie jar Smiley Happy . Just thinking about them bring back childhood memories of waiting for them to come out of the oven, not caring if it burns my tongue. What simple delicious pleasure. I think I'll bake some for my great-grands. Maybe, life isn't as bad as they say these days.

Join me

Gi Gi in Richmond, Virginia

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 79 (704 Views)

Ranger Cookies

Recipe ingredients may vary, but my mom made hers with corn flakes, chopped pecans, and shredded coconut. It was our lunchbox favorite.

Info Seeker

Message 65 of 79 (713 Views)
Butterfinger sandbar cookies! So good
Info Seeker

Message 66 of 79 (809 Views)

SPICY, crunchy ginger snaps!!!

Info Seeker

Message 67 of 79 (880 Views)

All of them depending on my mood!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 79 (858 Views)

Chocolate chip, of course !  Now that I'm thinking about them, guess I'll just have to bake some  Woman Very Happy

Sandee2
Info Seeker

Message 69 of 79 (879 Views)

Sugar Cookies sprinkled with christmas color sugar sprinkles of red and green. Christmas trees, snowman, santa clause. its my favorite time of year.

TBrown
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 70 of 79 (882 Views)

Oatmeal -- it's from a late '40s early '50s Encyclopedia of Cooking, but my mother modified it and I copied her modifications into my own volumes of the same cookbook.  Molasses, softened raisins or sometimes chopped dates, chopped pecans or walnuts.  I like the dough a little 'wetter' than the recipe, so the cookies spread and brown around the edges. They're chewy and moist.  If I sub whole wheat in for 1/2 the white flour, I can fool myself into calling them healthful.  When my kids were too late to get breakfast before the bus came, I'd give them 2 cookies each to eat as they walked the long driveway to the bus stop.  If they took a little thermos of juice or milk, they'd leave their empties in the mailbox.