Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is your favorite cookie?

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookies?

AARPTeri
Conversationalist

Reminds me of my Grandmother who was diabetic. She would watch us so my parents could have the night out. My mother would hide the goodies from her. If she would have known when my Grandmother would pass, she would have allowed her one last good time. This was probably her biggest regret.

Periodic Contributor

aww - that has me think about smokers, I remember hearing of a woman who died at 105 and had quit smoking at 102.  I know this is completely off subject and non-smokers would never understand but I was happy to have heard my son had enjoyed a last cigarette before he left the earth.  He also had me realize just how short life truly is and other than important appointments or committments, I chose to not live on a clock or a calendar.  

Conversationalist

I really miss the fudge sandwich cookie made by Sunshine Biscuit. Sunshine went out of business long ago. Occasionally, I will find the same kind of cookie, but it just isn't the cookie I remember.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Soft oatmeal with peanut butter and semi sweet chocolate chips.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Girl Scouts thin mints

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I had many favorites over the years and still enjoy them once in a while, but I found the cookie of my dreams when I found the oatmeal chocolate chip recipe.

Periodic Contributor

Toss up between Mallomars and Pepperidge Farm Milanos - no wait!  Tate's chocolate chocolate chip cookies are so good that you truly can't eat just one!  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Molasses cookies

Contributor

Oartmeal walnut Raisin.

Contributor

Oreo
Kudos
Views
Contributor

Oatmeal butterscotch with white chocolate

Peanut butter

Contributor

Oatmeal raisin and chocolate peppermint (during the holidays)

Contributor

Chocolate chip cookies

Trusted Social Butterfly

I like almost all traditional ethnic cookies but not American cookies.  Here are some photos:

Italian Pistachio Biscotti:

PistachioBiscotti.jpg

Greek Kourambiedes:

Kourambiedes.jpg

French-Algerian Blidas:

Blidas.jpg

German Ischler Tortchen:

IschlerTortchen.jpg

German Zimtsterne:

Zimtsterne.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

They all look delicious.  Thanks for sharing pictures.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Italian cookies (Struffoli, almond paste etc) and Chocolate Chip cookies

Contributor

ᕼOᗰEᗰᗩᗪE OᗩTᗰEᗩᒪ ᑕOOKIEᔕ

My favorite cookie is a bisocitti with dried fruit and nuts.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

snickerdoodles 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have a couple, chewy sugar cookie decorated with icing and chocoate chunk.   I like the thicker chewy cookies better than thin and crispy ones. 

Kim Bryant
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Okay.  Despite the fact that I rarely have them, I do have a few "favorite" cookies.  Number one on my list would have to be soft and chewy white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.  Just thinking about them makes me go "yum!" Number two is the Keebler elves and their chocolate striped cookies.  Last but not least, I love lemon creme cookies.  Ooooooo!!!!!  Now all I need is a hot cup of java with three tablespoons of cream and three teaspoons of Truvia.  Ahhhhhhh...heavan!!!

Contributor

my favorite cookie is Fried fish and Chicken. I love to eat fried fish.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CelenaG268 wrote:

my favorite cookie is Fried fish and Chicken. I love to eat fried fish.

Pardon me, but I'm just curious.  Are you lost or have you been drinking?  lol

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

CelenaG268

Can you share the recipe please. thanks. Sounds like a very interesting cookie.  Nancy

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

How can Healthy Living and cookies coexist?

schlomo
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Knowing many diabetics, I've been baking whole grain sugar free cookies. 1 being a cross of chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin which is my favorite. Also the peanut butter cookie. Now I've been creating keto cookies. So as much as I love cookies. I can stay on a diet and have my cookies too. 😆😆

Now off the rails is my Ruffles potato chip cookies. Just like the commercial. You can't just eat 1. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I too take care of of a diabetic, and he loves sugar cookies,me too however he can't eat anything with sugar. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@schlomo wrote:

How can Healthy Living and cookies coexist?

Do healthy tasting cookies exist? Sure they do.

There are tray after tray of delicious cookie recipes loaded with healthy amounts of fiber and nutrients that don’t require processed sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and processed vegetable oil and that after eaten don’t spike our glucose levels. It’s 2018 we’ve come a long way to knowing how to make a cookie that tastes as good as grandma’s  but it’s a whole lot healthier than hers was.  And in moderation we can continue to enjoy those tasty treats like we did with grandma’s cookies.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP