Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your favorite cookie?

Message 51 of 178

Okay.  Despite the fact that I rarely have them, I do have a few "favorite" cookies.  Number one on my list would have to be soft and chewy white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.  Just thinking about them makes me go "yum!" Number two is the Keebler elves and their chocolate striped cookies.  Last but not least, I love lemon creme cookies.  Ooooooo!!!!!  Now all I need is a hot cup of java with three tablespoons of cream and three teaspoons of Truvia.  Ahhhhhhh...heavan!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 178

CelenaG268

Can you share the recipe please. thanks. Sounds like a very interesting cookie.  Nancy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 178

my favorite cookie is Fried fish and Chicken. I love to eat fried fish.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 178

@schlomo wrote:

How can Healthy Living and cookies coexist?

Do healthy tasting cookies exist? Sure they do.

There are tray after tray of delicious cookie recipes loaded with healthy amounts of fiber and nutrients that don’t require processed sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and processed vegetable oil and that after eaten don’t spike our glucose levels. It’s 2018 we’ve come a long way to knowing how to make a cookie that tastes as good as grandma’s  but it’s a whole lot healthier than hers was.  And in moderation we can continue to enjoy those tasty treats like we did with grandma’s cookies.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 178

How can Healthy Living and cookies coexist?

schlomo
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 178

What are they?  I’ve never heard of them.  They sound amazing.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 178

Chocolate Chip - no nuts!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 178

The local furniture store has a s'more cookie that's pretty good.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 178

Hard question to answer.  My paternal grandmother made these over-the-top molasses cookies that we grandchildren would sit in front of the oven to wait for.....and when they arrived Gran plopped a huge cube of butter on the top of each one.  My maternal grandmother made a cookie that no one would eat unless under gun point - some refrigerator sugar cookie with candied fruit that tasted awful. No one waited in front of the refrigerator for that one. However, her mother, my great grandmother Edye made a cookie called Chocolate Jumbles - a ginger infused chocolate cookie with hard vanilla icing. Heavenly.  For my own family, though, a rather traditional oatmeal cookie with raisins and cranberries is our go-to cookie.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 178

I like different flavors of Fig Newtons. Fruited cookies and shortbread cookies are usually low fat, by design, not by artificial means.

Kudos
Views