Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is your favorite cookie?

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookies?

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Homemade sugar free whole grain cookies are to die for. 1 with coffee in the am.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Ranger cookies by a landslide.  Made with chocolate chips, coconut, oatmeal, rice crispies & pecans.  Recipe from the 1950's.  Delicious!

Shortbread with a chocolate drop in the middle...or is it homemade Pecan Sandies???

Contributor

Warm, chewy, sugar cookies!

Periodic Contributor

Chocolate chip Coconut

Peanut butter cookies hands down! 

Contributor

Yes, definitely, peanut butter. The ones distributed by the Girl Scouts are the best. I love to dip them in my coffee.

I like all cookies! Especially bar cookies like brownies and blondies! I had a recipe once for brown bear bars.... a brown sugar bar with chocolate and pecans on top. 

Got it from a C&H sugar box a long time ago. Misplaced it.

Has anyone ever heard of these and know the actual recipe?

-Jackie

Social Butterfly

Snickerdoodles

Contributor

My daughter makes a wonderful combination co okie. It's peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chips. All I can say is, it is crumbly deliciousness. My favorite hands down.

Contributor

There is nothing like a warm, home made chocolate chip cookie!!

Honored Social Butterfly

I refuse to just have one favorite !   Woman LOL

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Happy everything, everyone.Happy everything, everyone.

My favourite cookie is Peanut butter. Why? Because the cookie is very easy to make with  just very few ingredient. And  the peanut butter cookie has plenty of protein. More over when you add extras'

to the mixture the peanut butter cookie is even better. Simply delicious. 

My favorite cookies are fig newtons. Oreos, oatmeal raisins, and ginger snaps are close runner ups. 

Regular Contributor

Oreos or chocolate chip, but I like most cookies!

Contributor

When I reach into the cookie jar--I like to find forgoten money!!!

Contributor

@carjachut wrote:

When I reach into the cookie jar--I like to find forgoten money!!!

Spoiler
 Who DOESN'T? LOL!!!

Sunnie Marie Lewis
0 Kudos
Contributor

Lately I've been kind of fond of Thin Oreos and last week I tried the Salted Caramel variety ~ usually I just stick to  the 'regular' flavor, but they were sold out ~ so I decided to be adventurous. They were DELICIOUS!!! My 'roomie' ate over half of the package in one sitting! (He can afford to, being so skinny).

Sunnie Marie Lewis
Bronze Conversationalist

Chocolate chip - the larger the better!

Regular Contributor

Chocolate chip with pecans.  I make them from scratch and they are in demand at all family functions.  There is nothing like a hot chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven when it's all gooey and mushy.  I have substituted white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and they are really good also. 

Store bought cookies?  My absolute long time favorite is Oreos.  The craving was bad enough when they came out with double-stuff, but now they have MEGA-STUFF!!!  OMG!!!  I now have a much more serious addiction!  : )

Contributor

oatmeal raisin are good
Regular Contributor

A cookie, any kind, any shape, any flavor - give me cookie - I'm a cookie monster, although I am not blue in color, unless I'm without a cookie.

Contributor

Shortbread. Walkers Shortbread in particular. Simple, not too sweet. Almost elegant. Good with coffee, tea, milk or red wine. 

Social Butterfly

My favorite cookie jar find is cash!  💵

Contributor

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are the Best with a glass of milk. Or GS.  thin mints cookies 

Super Contributor

I'm crazy about cookies.  Probably peanut butter and oatmeal.  My mom used to love ginger snaps.  When I was in Nam. my fiance would send me cookies and I would leave them open for the guys.  Once she sent me rum cakes but put the wrong APO on them so they went to Germany first.  By the time they'd got to me, they'd FERMENTED!!  Was I popular.

Conversationalist

Got to be the chocolate chip cookies!  I also like peanut butter cookies!

Trusted Contributor

Chocolate Chip with walnuts or Chocolate Crinkle cookies

Contributor

Oatmeal chocolate chip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP