Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is your favorite cookie?

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookies?

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

When my kids lived here, double stuffed Oreos, they were additive, now I will settle for an oatmeal raisin.

Periodic Contributor

If not for me being a diabetic, my favorite cookie was chocolate cream filled in between two chocolate cookies. Haven't observed them in any of our stores in many years. My next favorite would be the double stuffed vanilla filling between two vanilla cookies. Ahhhhh  memories!

Regular Contributor

Chocolate Chip.

Periodic Contributor

Mine has always been oatmeal raisin.

Periodic Contributor

I love oatmeal cookies, with raisins. All hot and chewy, just baked is the best. But I'll take them right out of the cookie jar ๐Ÿ™‚ . Just thinking about them bring back childhood memories of waiting for them to come out of the oven, not caring if it burns my tongue. What simple delicious pleasure. I think I'll bake some for my great-grands. Maybe, life isn't as bad as they say these days.

Join me

Gi Gi in Richmond, Virginia

Periodic Contributor

Life is NOT "bad" as long as we keep our memories...and the recipe for oatmeal cookies with raisins, and hot out of the oven!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Honored Social Butterfly

Ranger Cookies

Recipe ingredients may vary, but my mom made hers with corn flakes, chopped pecans, and shredded coconut. It was our lunchbox favorite.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

SPICY, crunchy ginger snaps!!!

Contributor

All of them depending on my mood!

Conversationalist

All of them, of course!  with milk or a cup of cofffee to wash it down! 

Butterfinger sandbar cookies! So good
Bronze Conversationalist

Chocolate chip, of course !  Now that I'm thinking about them, guess I'll just have to bake some  Woman Very Happy

Sandee2
Conversationalist

Yes, I agree, gotta bake some cookies too!  This question has made me hungry!

Contributor

Sugar Cookies sprinkled with christmas color sugar sprinkles of red and green. Christmas trees, snowman, santa clause. its my favorite time of year.

TBrown
Contributor

I would have to say that my favorite cookie is oatmeal-raisin. When I was little, my mom made cowboy cookies that had oatmeal and raisins and all sorts of things. I really just like a good, chewy oatmeal-raisin cookie.

Kudos
Views

My favorite cookie is a SNICKERDOODLE!

0 Kudos
Contributor

English Toffee Chocolate chip cookie.

Periodic Contributor

Tea cakes from my Great Grandmothers recipe. I love to eat them and also bake them. I am not sure who loves the best, my married granddaughter who has a 2 yr old or my grown grandson. I hope they pass the recipe forward!
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Oatmeal -- it's from a late '40s early '50s Encyclopedia of Cooking, but my mother modified it and I copied her modifications into my own volumes of the same cookbook.  Molasses, softened raisins or sometimes chopped dates, chopped pecans or walnuts.  I like the dough a little 'wetter' than the recipe, so the cookies spread and brown around the edges. They're chewy and moist.  If I sub whole wheat in for 1/2 the white flour, I can fool myself into calling them healthful.  When my kids were too late to get breakfast before the bus came, I'd give them 2 cookies each to eat as they walked the long driveway to the bus stop.  If they took a little thermos of juice or milk, they'd leave their empties in the mailbox.

Periodic Contributor

Vegan chocolate chip cookies.

Contributor

I would have to say that oatmeal chocolate chip and toffee chocolate chip are one of my two top cookies.  I do have to say that all cookies are great!  My nick name growing up was cookie monster.

Contributor

Oatmwal

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Oatmeal

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Anything with chocolate in it!

Social Butterfly

I never met a cookie I didnโ€™t like. But if I had to choose just one as a favorite let it be peanut butter.

Contributor

peanut butter cookies I just made some peanut butter cookies yesterday cuz I was hungry for him

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Coming from the cookie monster, that's me, I love all cookies. Given a choice I will choose oatmeal soft/chewy/crispy first. 

Contributor

My favorite  cookie  would be a white & dark chocolate  macadamia  nut cookie?!

Contributor

Oatmeal, with raisins or walnuts. Good flavor

but not too sweet.

Contributor

A very well made chocolate chip cookie is the best!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP