What is your exercise of choice?

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your exercise of choice?

Message 61 of 90

i ride a stationary bike almost daily for 30-60 minutes. Also Walk 30-40 min when weather permits, I listen to my recording of  the Women's Barbershop Chorus I belong to, learning new songs. 5 lbs of hand weights on each hand is my max so far, 40 reps for 4 different lifts.  Also have a short meditation time and some yoga moves each morning for about 15 mins. A hip replacement with nerve complications from surgery keep me from doing a strong yoga routine, as I did pre-surgery. I am 66. Smiley Happy 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 90

I’ll be 72 yrs in September. My workout habits started in the gym back in the early 70’s. Aerobic classes, Raquet ball, weight training. I played Women’s soccer til my mid 40’s then coached my daughters soccer teams. Hiking/walking  every weekend. Last 15 years I attend a Cardio Pump class 3X per week and Pilates twice a week. 5 mile walks 3X per week.  Hope this inspires you all!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 90

Yoga 3 times a week. I've been taking Yoga for 8 years. So good for my mental health and stress relief as well as balance, strength and flexibility.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 90

I’m a guy who likes variety and am fortunate enough to do a lot of things.  I had bi-lateral knee replacement 8 1/2 years ago, which took away a lot of pain and enabled me to ski, hike the mountains, bike, play tennis, and golf.  So, my favorite changes with the seasons.  Although not a regular routine, I also enjoy a gym regimen that starts with bike aerobics, floor exercises and weights.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 90

I enjoy taking spin classes and Pilates reformer. I do one or the other every day.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 90

I used to prefer almost any kind of sport to actually working out. I played a lot of competitive tennis and racketball into my 60's until lower body joints made me stop. Now, after two knee replacements and one ankle replacement, serious running is no longer an option. Now I fast walk 4 miles 5-to-6 times a week in the gym pumping 12 lb dumbbells every other mile (changing the type of pump every 10th of a mile - kind of my own interval training thing). I also do stationary upper body weights three times a week and focus on lighter weight workouts for my legs. This is all underpinned with protien shakes to avoid soreness and promote endurance.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 90

¡Caminando con mi esposa!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 90

Cardio dance!

So much fun!

I am a group exercise instructor/personal trainer and I feel exercise does not have to feel like a chore.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 90

Pickleball - it's the fastest growing sport in America.  Courts are going up everywhere.  It's a cross between tennis and ping pong.  No running and the friendliest people.  Check it out on youtube.  It's easy for any age, any athletic ability to learn.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 90

20 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the stationary bicycle Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask our fitness guru your questions about fitness trackers and getting and staying fit