Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your exercise of choice?

Message 22 of 90

While I try to mix several types of activity, the activity I fall back on, especially when pressed for time is our NordicTrack Ski machine. We have consistently used this machine during every season for more than 25 years. It required some replacement parts along the way, but I can't think of a better way to get in some easy to serious activity all year round.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 90

I love to walk with my dog Midnight! we usually travel about 13,000 to 15,000 steps a day and my doctor tells me all the time, keep moving and keep your heart healthy!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 90

Walking I do at least 15,000 steps a day if not more like 20,000.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 90

@2Papa:  I hope you're doing those 12 oz. curls with a bottle in each hand.   We need to keep balance in our lives!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 90

I'm an old gym teacher who has been trying to practice what I preached for the last 40 some years. I lift weights twice a week and try to average 40 minutes of arobic activity per day. That usually is walking and bicycling. Walking and biking are a wonderful way to enjoy nature at a pace where you can actually see, hear, and feel whats going on around you. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 90

I do 12 oz curls.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 90

I enjoy dancing and gardening for my "exercising" because I enjoy both; dancing is fun.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 90

I love walking--and I actually go to a 24-hour fitness place to get on the treadmill when it is too hot outside (which it is alot here near Tallhassee, FL during the dog days of summer).  When it gets cooler, I will be going to my local high school athletic fields to walk, or go out with my spouse for a hike.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 90

I love to walk. I adopted a retired greyhound in June and she is great company on walks of any distance. Walking is my exercise of choice because it costs nothing, I don’t have to go anywhere to walk, and it helps keep me healthy.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.