Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your exercise of choice?

Message 1 of 35

Yoga and Zumba.  Both are a lot of fun. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 35
walking and jogging-- 25 years
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 35

I have 2 Barre 3-4x a week and weights 2x a week. On my day off I like to walk or bike for fun. I'm gonna be 67 in a couple of weeks and feel pretty good.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 35

Yoga! It keeps me flexible and muscular while being meditational at the same time. Fifteen years at this point.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 35

Swimming is the best! It's like meditation! Totally zen like! I have been swimming for 63 years.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 35

i ride a stationary bike almost daily for 30-60 minutes. Also Walk 30-40 min when weather permits, I listen to my recording of  the Women's Barbershop Chorus I belong to, learning new songs. 5 lbs of hand weights on each hand is my max so far, 40 reps for 4 different lifts.  Also have a short meditation time and some yoga moves each morning for about 15 mins. A hip replacement with nerve complications from surgery keep me from doing a strong yoga routine, as I did pre-surgery. I am 66. Smiley Happy 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 35

I’ll be 72 yrs in September. My workout habits started in the gym back in the early 70’s. Aerobic classes, Raquet ball, weight training. I played Women’s soccer til my mid 40’s then coached my daughters soccer teams. Hiking/walking  every weekend. Last 15 years I attend a Cardio Pump class 3X per week and Pilates twice a week. 5 mile walks 3X per week.  Hope this inspires you all!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 35

Yoga 3 times a week. I've been taking Yoga for 8 years. So good for my mental health and stress relief as well as balance, strength and flexibility.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 35

I’m a guy who likes variety and am fortunate enough to do a lot of things.  I had bi-lateral knee replacement 8 1/2 years ago, which took away a lot of pain and enabled me to ski, hike the mountains, bike, play tennis, and golf.  So, my favorite changes with the seasons.  Although not a regular routine, I also enjoy a gym regimen that starts with bike aerobics, floor exercises and weights.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 35

I enjoy taking spin classes and Pilates reformer. I do one or the other every day.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark