Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your exercise of choice?

Message 31 of 90

I love swimming in my pool, the birds sing, and I dreamily do my exercises, pretending I'm off to Hawaii, going down Kalakaua and around the island. Or, I go on YouTube  to Hasfit.com and listen to two wonderful people that take you on great exercises, chair seated or standing.  They have jokes, they smile and keep you motivated.  They have all kinds of exercises!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 90

I do leg lifts, I lift my legs up on the couch and take a nap

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 90

Ever since we retired 6 years ago, my husband and I have been doing aerobics and weight lifting at home.  Mostly we do a Jillian Michaels tape (30 day shred) with different levels.  We try to do it every day, but I would say we definitely do it 6 days a week.  It is all about sticking to a routine.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 90

Walking

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 90

@2Papa   Remember to BR EA THE or  you'll go from 2Papa to "2pooped"! (from a former exercise instructor)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 90

Lake kayaking is my favorite - took it up 3 years ago at 63 and love going 2-3 times a week.  It is so much easier than you think - and you don't get wet!  I have hooked a number of 70+ ladies into going with me! I often walk 2 miles in the foothills around our home, yoga and pilates on DVD, and now the Silver Sneakers 2-3 times a week.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 90

My f avo rit e is ju mping j acks. I’ve on l y been doi ng the m for fi ve minu tes, so I ha ve ten mo re min u tes to go...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 90

I have been retired now for 32 years and have been exercizing almost daily in many forms, but my constant favorite is my  FIFTY + EXERCISING dvd which is a full body exercise strength training program in which I have been using for over 25 years.  Margaret Richards produced this and is available from the National Institute of Health.  I recommend it highly.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 90

While I enjoy the daily walk with my husband and the dog my very favorite is the Aqua Zumba class I go to twice a week,  The 55 minutes goes fast, The workout is good without putting the stress on my knees, etc. and since you are 75% under water no one can see when you step incorrectly,

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 90

I do 60 minutes on a stair climber- 1/4 mile - 1/3 mile intervals when I am in peak form for 13 miles at under a 5 minute mile rate.  I have been doing this since 1988.  I try to do this 2 x a week.  I fall off the wagon from time to time but usually get back in the groove.  I also do push-ups - usually 10 sets of 70 each - also since 1988.  When I first started the push-ups I couldn't do 10.  Just kept adding reps and sets. Add some yoga and stretching.  I used to do weights but kept pulling muscles.  Adding more weight seemed to be my problem.  I plan to keep my routine up as long as I can.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season