AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your exercise of choice?

Message 51 of 90

I walk indoors at large stores or malls where it is flat and air conditioned.  Any excuse gets me off my routine, so I try to make sure that I don't have any excuses.  I also walk with my husband so we both benefit from the walk and from talking about recent things we read.  It's a good way to be closer and to stay in shape.  When I can get my daughter in law to join me, I go swimming.  I grew up near the beach and swim like a fish, but here I have to go to the local indoor pool.  Still need to get into that routine too, but I am recently retired, 8 months, and am still adjusting to not having a schedule.  It's nice, but I think that people are right that you need to schedule your exercise just to make sure that you do it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 90

Walking my two dogs!  They both love the outings, as we walk various routes, and I enjoy the great out doors. We walk for a minimum 1 hour most days of the week. It’s a win, win for us all!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 90

I do the simplest and easiest exercise that can be done - walk, a lot.  On beautiful days, I go out for at least 30 minutes and enjoy the fresh air, and the views!  When the weather is unforgiving, I walk inside (I live in an Independent community with very long halls).  To go from one end to the other is 1/3 of a mile and I just go back and forth.  Since I also volunteer there, I get to walk some more!  I try not to sit too long either, but I have to get up a lot anyway, to prepare our meals, vacuum (good for burning calories!) and other household tasks.  I find most exercising boring and since my knees are no longer forgiving, some of the yoga and other exercises are more painful than helpful.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 90

I have a 55-60 minute routine at the YMCa that include 20 minutes of arobic and the remainder core strenghtening. I like the recumbent incline machine.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 90

Treadmill and Cybex Arc trainer as a changeup.  Resistance training 2X/wk to keep toned and fend off loss of muscle mass.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 90

Yoga and Zumba.  Both are a lot of fun. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 90
walking and jogging-- 25 years
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 90

I have 2 Barre 3-4x a week and weights 2x a week. On my day off I like to walk or bike for fun. I'm gonna be 67 in a couple of weeks and feel pretty good.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 90

Yoga! It keeps me flexible and muscular while being meditational at the same time. Fifteen years at this point.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 90

Swimming is the best! It's like meditation! Totally zen like! I have been swimming for 63 years.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors