What are your favorite tips to stay healthy over the holidays?

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What are your favorite tips to stay healthy over the holidays?

Message 1 of 28

I have started adding tumeric to all of my hot drinks.  You must also add a pinch of black pepper and a little full fatted creamer or milk for the body to better absorb it.  This little addition will help build your immune system.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

I come across this website while trying to find ways to lose and learn about gluten-free recipes and lose a little weight and I don't know what to think of it. It does have epub books about gluten-free recipes, prices are good but when i seen the offers they were making I couldn't believe it.

So could you guys check it out, let me know what you think of it and maybe it will help someone else as well 

https://www.mightbeideal.com

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

These are basically things that I do all year long so I totally agree with this advise....especially concnetrating on what one CAN have rather than what they CAN'T/

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28

Pet your cat more.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

eat raisins.clementines, or apple wedges. Or try apricot snow-  dried apricots with one side dipped in vanilla bark and dry on wax paper.  also, try eating   a piece of fruit 30 min. before your meal.   Some people like to eat a bowl of cereal before going to a party!  Try to select veggies or fruit for holiday dippers instead of crackers.  I know!   I know!   Its all so good we want it all but let's be good now and reap the rewards.MAH

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28

So I've basically come across this website while trying to find ways to lose weight and I don't know what to think of it. It does have good prices and the article that I read was good but when i seen the offers they were making I couldn't believe it.

So could you guys check it out, let me know what you think of it and maybe it will help someone else as well .

https://fitlifes.health.blog/

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28

I try not to deprive myself of goodies.  I just eat a little & try not to overdo.  I also try to hit the gym regularly.   Sometimes a cup of hot tea with a little honey is enough to curb the sweet tooth.   

Eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of rest, & hand sanitizer seems to help keep my healthy.   If I do get a cold, I try not to go anywhere & take that time to rest.  

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

I always make diabetic-friendly desserts so that the entire family can indulge that ol' sweet tooth without the guilt.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

Well, not just over the holidays, but all year, I intermittantly fast, i.e. eat no more than 2 meals a day, and eat those meals within 8-12 hours. I also eat mostly fresh fruits and vegetables, getting most of my protein from beans, nuts and seeds, meat and fish is a treat.  I do eat ice cream but mix it, parfait style with chopped nuts and a peanut butter topping (peanut butter, almond milk, cocoa powder, cinnamon and other spices). I beleive the mixing of the sugary processed ice cream with nut protein lowers the elevated blood sugar impact. On holidays I follow the same rules, but eat a little more meat and have some more sweets, I have one meal that day, and follow it up with exercise, walking or biking. This fast helps bring your blood sugar down. It took me 2-3 weeks to get used to doing this. Now I can do it at anytime, i.e., one meal a day. I feel hunger, but after awhile it subsides. I also weigh myself after every shower to see how I'm doing.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

Perfect answer - I agree with everything you said.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors