Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What are two things that happened recently that you’re grateful for?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What are two things that happened recently that you’re grateful for?

Studies have shown that gratitude has a positive impact on our physical and psychological health. In these times, it's especially important to take a moment to reflect on what you are thankful for. Share two things that have happened to you recently that you're grateful for 💗

I'll start -

1. I am thankful for technology as it allows me to stay connected with my family that lives 1,000+ miles away. I was able to celebrate my dad's birthday last week and Mother's Day yesterday using facetime. It's funny, I use video chat with my family way more now than before stay-at-home and COVID-19.
  2. I appreciate all of the frontline workers, but I'm especially grateful for my dog's vet this week. She came down with a really bad bacterial infection almost two weeks ago, and the vet gave her top-notch care. Going to the vet now is very different!
Kudos
Views
Replies
Super Contributor

That God has blessed me with a tribe that cares for me and God gave me the skills to care for the tribe.

The medicine man at www.medicinemanplantco.com
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm grateful that I can find blessings in today (and every single day!)

I'm grateful that I am able to live where I do, as I do, and have a job that I love!

Gold Conversationalist

RosemaryF - you ARE blessed.  Please tell me more about your life...I'd love to hear from you. 

FRIENDSHIP.gif

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

You'd like me to send you a private message?

0 Kudos
Contributor

God and the Good People Around Me 

Periodic Contributor

Number One is God.  I've had several miracles in my life and will always be so  very grateful that I am in His favor.

Number Two is my Momma.  She is near 90 and just now starting to slow down a little bit.  I am so blessed and forever grateful that God decided to share her with me.  I would never be able to repay her for all the sacrifices she has made for me.

Contributor

God’s love 

My family

Contributor

I am grateful for the peace that Jesus gives in the storm.  I am also grateful for my family, children and grandchildren and brothers and sisters and Mom.

Contributor

I am grateful that I was not having to endure lockdown alone, and that the person I did have to be locked down with is my husband of almost 15 years because we get along so well and really do love and respect each other.  

I am also grateful for my parents (RIP) who lived frugally and saved so that I inherited some money, and also for teaching me not to live beyond my means, so when this virus struck, my family didn't have to worry about paying our bills.

Periodic Contributor

i am 6 min away from my oldest daughter's family and we have formed a bubble of trust so i can visit her family (3 grandkids, ex-wife) every day!  my middle daughter just moved back to BOS and has joined our bubble.

since i was furloughed from my job, i can still live on my monthly soc sec payments until i can find a new safe job.

note: i am 70 yo.

Super Contributor

I'm grateful for this site.  I'm also grateful for VA.  They've been there over 40 years.  They've had my back.

My ability to rescue Saint Bernard's who have had horrible lives.  Given time, love and patience all 5, so far, have come out of their shells and become the "person" they were meant to be.  They have given me love beyond measure, support without judgment and so many happy times.  All 5 (so far) have brought me to the person I am today.  I cannot begin the thank them for the impact they have had on my life.

My health.  There have been some real challenges and I've been able to pull through everything.  In part, it has been because of the love and support of my dogs.

Periodic Contributor

1) I am grateful that I am able to pay my bills, have food and shelter in spite of being laid off.

2) I am grateful for my family, friends, my ex co-workers and employer for their support.  I am truly blessed.

Regular Contributor

I got to see my great granddaughter walk at 9 months a few weeks ago.

I woke up this morning, still in good health, of sound mind, driving and 73 years and 7 months old, still being asked for I.D., sometimes.👍

Regular Contributor

1. My beautiful home with my beautiful sister !   2. Health, good friends, good food, good heart ❤️ 

Periodic Contributor

1.  My Christian faith

2.  My dear 4 and 7 year old kids Kingsbury and Nettles (4 legged variety).

Kudos
Views

1. no one in my family has had an issue with covid 19

2. I am in good health and have been able to get out and walk 7-10,000 steps a day

Contributor

1. That I got prostate cancer because I had to have an MRI and the MRI found kidney cancer which was much worse.  Both were removed with no chemo or radiation needed.

2. Three MRI's later still cancer free.

Regular Contributor

I’m grateful today because even though I feel like darkness has swept over me, I still sense the presence of the Divine all about me. 

I’m grateful today because this simple journaling task enables me to be present with this moment, this time, this now, without rumination of the past or hopes of the future

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Grateful to have a loving God in my life who I can call on each day since my days have turned into nights in my mind only. I love sharing God's word to encourage and build others up.  

I 'm grateful for my children who love and respect me as their mother; always sharing their thoughts and checking to make sure I'm safe. Motherhood-Grand Motherhood-Great Grand Motherhood***

Boddy C
Periodic Contributor

God is ever present, wish more people would have faith that this is true. “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Josh. 24:15, NKJV)
God and my church family are such a blessing in my life, and I gather you feel the same way.
Blessings to you and yours
0 Kudos
Contributor

I am thankful that last week Friday I was able to see my Grandchildren! I had not seen them since before Christmas. Also, I was able to have dinner last night with my 18 yr old grandson- always a pleasure!

Two things I am grateful for are My Children and Our Saviour the Lord for watching over us.

Regular Contributor

1.I am so thankful our local library opened and is a safe place to visit. Everyone has been respectful of others, and the staff worked very hard to be able to reopen safely. As a life long reader the library is top of my list as a  favorite place to visit.

2.Where I live is a small garden-park with beautiful flowers and trees, along the path is sitting to enjoy watching the squirrels steal as much bird seed as they can. So many different birds that I am a usually reaching for my bird book when I get home. Ponds with fish and turtles along with small waterfalls.Spending time there is so relaxing and calming I can almost forget the problems of the world.

So thankful I can enjoy both the library and  nature free!!

Contributor

1.  My daughter, husband, and 3 boys gave us a lovely 49th anniversary picnic dinner in our carport.

2.  My daughter and my eight stepchildren and dozens of nieces and nephews keep us up to date with photos, calls, and postings! I hope they all know how much we love them and how much we want to see them as soon as possible!

Regular Contributor

1. this sounds crazy but I was grateful for the Dust Cloud & wind yesterday , I was able to walk 2 1/2 miles even though it was 90 degrees. 

2. Grateful for being able to raise herbs and veggies and have creative recipes that help me use them.  I'm just a happy camper.

Kudos
Views

1} for my health as i tested negative for the virus and 2} for my friends who are helping me cope with the death of my Dad at 89 years old !

Periodic Contributor

Glad that you tested negative, COVID is no joke. 

So sorry for your loss, praying that your grief will be eased  by pleasant memories 🙏🙏🙏

0 Kudos

I’m grateful I kicked drug addictions ASS. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP