Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What are two things that happened recently that you’re grateful for?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What are two things that happened recently that you’re grateful for?

Studies have shown that gratitude has a positive impact on our physical and psychological health. In these times, it's especially important to take a moment to reflect on what you are thankful for. Share two things that have happened to you recently that you're grateful for 💗

I'll start -

1. I am thankful for technology as it allows me to stay connected with my family that lives 1,000+ miles away. I was able to celebrate my dad's birthday last week and Mother's Day yesterday using facetime. It's funny, I use video chat with my family way more now than before stay-at-home and COVID-19.
  2. I appreciate all of the frontline workers, but I'm especially grateful for my dog's vet this week. She came down with a really bad bacterial infection almost two weeks ago, and the vet gave her top-notch care. Going to the vet now is very different!
Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

Good for you!!

As a retired clinical social worker I had worked with people in varying degrees of recovery. I witnessed the strength and commitment of those who achieved long term recovery. 

Again, kiddos to you for “kicking drug addictions ASS”

0 Kudos
Contributor

Spoiler
I am available to visit my family for the 4th of July last year it would have not been possible

2)  peace in my life
Contributor

I am greatly great full for my children and grandkids and that I survived COVID-19

I'm thankful for all of you. And thankful that God loves all of us. No matter. God dosen't show favoritism. Love is what we need. And we will be cured of everything.

Contributor

I am thankful for remaining healthy throughout this crazy year.   And for the ability to pick up the phone and call my 88 year old mother and know she is also healthy.   I have many friends that don't have that chance a anymore. 

I recently have been back in touch with a good friend after not speaking for five years AND I was able to register my  Schnauzer as an Emotional Support dog so she is able to go almost everywhere with me now.  Life is good.

1. KIND HUSBAND

2. FOOD SHELTER HEALTH

Contributor

Oh, dear.  I am sorry life feels so hard for you right now, and pray that you can find some beauty and joy in y9ur journey.

0 Kudos
Contributor

1. I am grateful for my daughter and her family, who live close by and show much love and care.

2. I am grateful that my recent CT scan shows that I am still in remission from non-Hodgkins

lymphoma. Diagnosis: 2004.  Stem cell transplant: 2012, at age 70. I remain strong and healthy.  Faith has always carried me on this journey.

Bronze Conversationalist

That is truly awesome, Patricia!  May you have many healthy days ahead of you to enjoy!!

0 Kudos

My life and my children.

Contributor

1.  I am especially grateful that my daughter and her co-workers have remained healthy and safe during Covid 19.  She is an EMT working in a level 3 trauma center.

2. I am also grateful to all the other essential workers, family and friends who have been supportive, caring, compassionate and tolerant during our ever changing lives.

Contributor

Thankful that the Lord has kept family members safe and healthy.🙏

Grateful that my mother recently celebrated her 98th birthday and we’re in contact daily by phone.(we reside in different parts of the U.S. ‼️

I am grateful and delighted that my 31-year-old son's work-at-home edict in Los Angeles brought him home to us in San Diego. We have seen more of him in the past two months than we have since he graduated high school, and we love how his company has lightened our self-isolation.

I am very grateful for the deep brain stimulation surgery I was able to have done for my Parkinson's on June 3. The medical and administrative staff, while working under new and different protocols, were just great. So impressive!

My continued good health and my loving family and friends. Truly.

Periodic Contributor

I am grateful that my most recent Colonoscopy's results came back negative. My father passed from Colon Cancer many years ago, so every five years I am tested.

Also, I am grateful that all of my children and grandchildren are healthy, and that I have two fur babies (cats) that always know when my spirits are down so they come and lay on my chest, or on their backs beside me for belly rubs.  

Regular Contributor

The 2 things I'm grateful for are my lifestyle which already fits into staying home. I don't go out except for doctor's appts. & my 2 cats who have kept me sane. Without them my home we wouldn't be a home. I've always had cats & they are the joy in my life.  Right now I have 2 males, a brown tabby, named Benjy & a Russian Blue,  named Blue--what else?

Though my style has been no problem I've had problems with the stress of having no option but to stay at home while under lockdown. Right now I can't eat any tomato products or chilies. But I'm still glad I have my cats as I live now live alone.

Janet Meeks
Contributor

I’m so happy to read a message of gratitude about cats. They are my best friends and we share so much love and laughter. God knew what I needed when he lead my to the shelter 10 years ago.  There they were; a black male and a tabby grey brown and white female. I had named them before I saw them: Pink and Floyd. I thank God everyday for bringing us together. 

Thank you for being a cat lover!

Trusted Contributor

Only 2?!

God/Jesus 

Bible study

my peer counselor 

my brother & family 

my aunts

my apartment 

all the "good" times 

Periodic Contributor

1. I had blood work done and it was the best I've had in a long time. My Cholesterol is low, and even my Triglycerides are low (and that's a first!). My only problem is continuing to try to adjust the thyroid medicine levels. But at least that is manageable. I'm also weaning off the depression medications I've been taking since after cancer treatment. Life is good!

2. My son and grandson came to visit and stayed a whole week! It was wonderful. My grandson and I spent the days planting seeds and pulling weeds, playing in the hot tub, and working on a kids book of photography challenges while my son worked. In the evenings, we went to a local river and fished from the shore. My grandson caught 7 fish over the course of the week, and he was so excited! It was a much-needed visit, and I do miss them terribly, but I'm sure they will be back sometime soon!

My family and living indoors with everything needed - heat, water, etc...

Periodic Contributor

1. I'm grateful for my life🙏  

At this time last year I came close to dying, but with lots of prayers and through the Grace of God I survived🙏  

In April of this year I contracted COVID 19, and once again with prayers and through the Grace of God I survived🙏

2. I’m thankful for family and friends who have stood by me no matter what. 

3. I’m thankful for technology that allowed me to stay connected to family and friends. Technology has also allowed me to stay connected with my Church family with weekly Sunday services via teleconference calls, and other Church activities via Zoom. 

4. I can go on and on, but for now I’m going to add one more thing that I’m grateful for; I’m grateful for having gotten into an Assisted Living facility, life is so much easier. 

Contributor

1) That my Stepdad and Brother-In-law both had recent surgeries that were successful.  Praying for them daily that they will become well healed and feeling better with each and every passing day.    

2) Thanking God for wonderful Family, Friends and my Boyfriend who all add something beautiful to my life.  I'm so very grateful, thankful and Blessed.

Social Butterfly

First and foremost as a Native American I am Thankful to Mother Earth and God The Almighty. 

I'm also Thankful that my parents, my daughters, grandkids and my siblings have been safe and sane as Arizona faces its 2nd wave of the virus.

And I'm very grateful for the people I've conversated with here on these forums, Thank you 🙂

1. I'm thankful for God's Salvation!   
  2. I'm thankful my place of work did not lay us off during this time of world turmoil.
Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

1. I'm also grateful for God's salvation and the beauty He created.

2. I'm grateful that the COVID-19 test I had came back negative!

Contributor

Barb

I'm Thankful for God because of him I have health!!

I am thankful 🙏 to ALL of my family and friends ❤ that have been by my side and helped me through the last 2 years of my life.I am so very GRATEFUL for R.T. you are the most amazing 👏 person ❤ that is always there for me through thick and thin and you never judge me just gives me advice (that is usually 99.9%)on target.I love 💘 you and will forever be the strongest because of you ❤ .I LOVE 💘 EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU AND LOVE YOU JESUS..

Contributor

I am grateful every day that I live with my mother, two sons, & three cats (cats are like people in our family). But I’m especially grateful today because the vet called with the wonderful news that one of our cats does not have cancer. 

A few days ago I found an enormous stash of old photographs of my mother’s family, on both sides, & an album with entries as early as the 1830s. 

Thankful that God has protected me from getting the coronavirus at my last place of employment.

Happy that I was able to find a part time job to help my family with expenses.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP