You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What are the top 5 reasons you hate going to the doctor?

Message 1 of 66

I don't hate going to the doctor..  why would I?  Who else is going to keep track of my health,  make suggestions for improvement, and help me if I need it with a health issue.   Regular check ups are a way to track any changes and find anything new so that it can be dealt with as quickly as possible.  

All in all, not a bad deal.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 66

I only have one --- GETTING ON THOSE DARN SCALES - they always lie!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 66
Recent university studies have proven that snowboarding reduces the libido.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 66
Amen to ALL you listed!! Well said. 👍
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 66

@ASTRAEA wrote:
@InsertCleverNameHere wrote:

Ouch.  What a stinging comeback.  People who appoint themselves as grammar police deserve every rude comment they get.  Unless you are a moderator, please keep your critiques of my posts to yourself.

Being rude has nothing to do with grammar, it has to do with creating an atmosphere that discourages people from participating. There's little enough of that here now, without people being sarcastic, like saying "Good thing you came along to enlighten us all."

You're right, being rude has nothing to do with grammar.  I have no idea where that leap in logic came from.  Certainly not from me.  I was sarcastic in response to the condesending tone used by the self-appointed grammar patrol officer.  Now, if you would like to create an atmosphere that encourages participating, I suggest you get over yourself and possibly work on your sentence structure, or that grammar cop may decide to target you next.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 66

The main reason I dont like to go is because it takes so much time!  Time from things I should be doing.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 66

Ouch.  What a stinging comeback.  People who appoint themselves as grammar police deserve every rude comment they get.  Unless you are a moderator, please keep your critiques of my posts to yourself.

Being rude has nothing to do with grammar, it has to do with creating an atmosphere that discourages people from participating. There's little enough of that here now, without people being sarcastic, like saying "Good thing you came along to enlighten us all."

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 66
1. being weighed
2. taking time off from work
3. always being given more pills
4. waiting
5. the traffic there and back.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 66

I hate being weighed each time and I hate having to take time off from work. It is like I have to get permission from my supervisor to see the doctor.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 66

@ASTRAEA wrote:
And you have none.  The person writing the software probably was unaware of this fact and mistakenly believed that it should only say "kudos" if there was more than one.  Good thing you came along to enlighten us all. 

With an unnecessarily rude comment like that, you're really leaving yourself open with the screen name you chose. Someone's liable to come up with a "clever" name for you, and you probably won't like it!

Kudos
Views