Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: What are some home remedies for coughing?

Message 11 of 15

I am a physician with expertise in Functional medicine 

Best cough remedies :

Slippery Elm powder : dissolve in hot water : it forms a gel which helps soothe cough 

Zinc Cough Lozenges :zinc is fabulous for cough avoid chemical additives in the cough drops 

Quercitin : is a plant based remedy that works as effectively as Zyrtec or Benadryl

Honey and lemon in warm water or tea

The best OTC cough medicines contain diphenhydramine ( aka Benadryl) or Guanefisin ( in robitussin ) 

mold fashioned steam humidifier with eucalyptus or lavender or both

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

If the cough is from a cold, i make a tea of 3 cups water, 5 crushed garlic cloves, including skin, juice of 1 lemon  and the juiced lemons, 1/2 tsp. cayenne, 3 T. honey, 1 thumb of ginger diced. Simmer it for 15 minutes; then off the stove for 15 minutes. Strain. Discard peels, etc. Drink 1/4 cup of juice every few hours.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

ARGENTINA HOME REMEDIES FOR COUGHING

Message 13 of 15

1-) I use lemon, honey, and red onion but if you don't like the red onion you make without it.

this is very good for coughs, congestion, and its antibacterial.  

2-) Ginger tea is excellent and it has many properties. Ginger is my favorite root, I love it. 

3-) Clove tea is amazing for the phlegm.

I love nature and natural plants are divine. Just try and you won't regret it.

I hope my recommendation can help everyone around the world and you can have a beautiful and healthy life. Love & Peace

Argentina 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

I am not expert, and I do not like to use medicine, so in saying that I will tell you what works for me.  I use Elderberry juice, it isn't a fast cure (it took me about 5-7 days to heal when I started it), but you drink a small amount several times a day until your cough passes, then you continue to drink a little every morning and night to help your immune system, so you don't catch it again.  They have several remedies you can purchase at Whole foods or a health food store, just ask the clerk to explain the differences to you.  I started with the Sambucus brand when I was sick, they have several to choose from.  Let us know what you do and how it works for you.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

What are some home remedies for coughing?

Message 15 of 15

I have been coughing for 3-4 days, however I'm unable to visit my doctor now because he's not in on weekends. What are some sensible home remedies for coughing?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors