You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What are some home remedies for coughing?

Message 1 of 4

If the cough is from a cold, i make a tea of 3 cups water, 5 crushed garlic cloves, including skin, juice of 1 lemon  and the juiced lemons, 1/2 tsp. cayenne, 3 T. honey, 1 thumb of ginger diced. Simmer it for 15 minutes; then off the stove for 15 minutes. Strain. Discard peels, etc. Drink 1/4 cup of juice every few hours.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

ARGENTINA HOME REMEDIES FOR COUGHING

Message 2 of 4

1-) I use lemon, honey, and red onion but if you don't like the red onion you make without it.

this is very good for coughs, congestion, and its antibacterial.  

2-) Ginger tea is excellent and it has many properties. Ginger is my favorite root, I love it. 

3-) Clove tea is amazing for the phlegm.

I love nature and natural plants are divine. Just try and you won't regret it.

I hope my recommendation can help everyone around the world and you can have a beautiful and healthy life. Love & Peace

Argentina 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What are some home remedies for coughing?

Message 3 of 4

I am not expert, and I do not like to use medicine, so in saying that I will tell you what works for me.  I use Elderberry juice, it isn't a fast cure (it took me about 5-7 days to heal when I started it), but you drink a small amount several times a day until your cough passes, then you continue to drink a little every morning and night to help your immune system, so you don't catch it again.  They have several remedies you can purchase at Whole foods or a health food store, just ask the clerk to explain the differences to you.  I started with the Sambucus brand when I was sick, they have several to choose from.  Let us know what you do and how it works for you.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

What are some home remedies for coughing?

Message 4 of 4

I have been coughing for 3-4 days, however I'm unable to visit my doctor now because he's not in on weekends. What are some sensible home remedies for coughing?

Kudos
Views
Replies