Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What are some home remedies for coughing?

Message 1 of 15
A good squeeze of fresh lemon with honey in a 1/4 of bourbon
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

I'm with Argentina, honey and lime or lemon juice (without the onion, though).

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

My mother used this home remedy on my Son to cure him from Asthma and till this day, my Son has not suffered, NOT ONE Astma Attack, therefore I swear by this home remedy...

2-Egg Whites

1-Tsp. Pure Honey

In a small bowl whip the 2 egg whites till completely foamy then place this small bowl

unto a bigger bowl whereas you can tilt it, place it upon a window ledge inside your home

making sure that it is facing the SUN, allowing the SUN to hit this Foam and you will begin

to see the Oil from the White of the Egg begin to drip down into the bigger bowl, once all

the Oil has been secreted from the Whipped Egg Whites, place the secreted Oil into a small

bottle and add the Teaspoon of Pure Honey then shake, shake, shake well and drink 1 Teaspoon

4X a day and as you begin to cough up congestion, your cough will diminish and you shall be cured

NOT healed...CURED, there's a difference...Healed is temporary, CURED is PERMANENT!!!

May GOD be with You and Everyone <3

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

I gargle with warm salt water. I also drink tea with honey it soothes the throat. Of course cough drops. If a bad cough nasty old cough syrup. I have to use the DM kind because I'm on thryoid medication.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15
Thank you 🙏 😊 this is very important, because we can help others people to have a very healthy life.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

Hi..

Very Nice Article..

Get More Details Check Here

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

Growing up, we used a tablespoon of Olive oil once or twice a day. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

I use the' Traditionaal Medicinals Seasonal Herb Tea Sampler  ' teas a box with an assortment for Gypsey Cold care. Echinaces Plus, Throat Coat (very helpful) and Breathe Easy --not unpleasant tasting and they have worked very well for me and my adult children even use them!!  Caffeine free, no side effects!! at some grocery stores, Sprouts and health food stores.   If you want to check your pantry good old lemon, honey and brandy is a great fall back and may help with sleep....a vaporizer warm or cool mist --  moisture in the house air is the benefit--if no vaporizer just put some pans of water in your bedroom near the bed--you pets will love the extra water bowls...

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

Honey tea. A popular home remedy for coughs is mixing honey with warm water. Ginger. Ginger may ease a dry or asthmatic cough, as it has anti-inflammatory properties. Fluids. Staying hydrated is vital for those with a cough or cold. Steam. Marshmallow root. Salt-water gargle. Thyme.

Green tea is a powerful antioxidant too. 

I use in Spanish they call FLOR DE JAMAICA OR JAMAICA FLOWER, it’s full of vitamin C and good for many others things.

I hope that this can help you. LOVE & PEACE ☮️ 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15
Wow this is amazing, thanks for your recommendations. Natural remedies are the best.
Kudos
Views