Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What Keeps You Young in Heart, Mind and Spirit?

Bronze Conversationalist

What Keeps You Young in Heart, Mind and Spirit?

We may be aging, but we don't have to think, feel, or act like it, right? Sure, sometimes it's nice to hang out with people roughly our own age. It's great to have cultural references and experiences in common -- there's a kind of special bonding that comes from that. But just as there is a lot, A LOT (LOL) that younger generations can learn from us, we can learn from them as well. 

And still, being young in heart, mind, and spirit is an inside job. It's attitude, gratitude, not taking ourselves too seriously, laughing at life's absurdities, appreciating the little things.

May I share with you what keeps me young (this week at least)? Following where curiosity leads me and feeling delighted with what I find. Journaling about good memories and how those experiences felt as a physical sensation -- for example, the first kiss that gave me tingles up and down my torso, and felt like the summer sun radiating from my heart. Reading a children's book. Singing songs from learned in childhood. Texting emojis to my Sweetie, without any words. 

What are three things that keep you young in heart, mind and spirit?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeahWA great post 😁 Age is but a number to me. I donot let it dictate what I can do. Angela

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA , Excellent question and great examples!  I love writing silly custom poems for family and friends with my hubby.  He does the final draft in beautiful calligraphy and I do a simple ink and watercolor design  ink AARP.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

That's lovely artwork. I can see it inked on a t-shirt or something. Might you share one of your poems? 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA , First, sorry it's ridiculously large.  Didn't mean for it to be so big.  As far as the poems , they are for family and friends,  would rather they have  the opportunity to share them with the people they want.  As far as the art work, you're  very kind.  Just learning slowly how to do simple line drawings. Love doing it.  The poem writing is a wonderful collaborative effort between my husband and I.  We laugh ourselves silly with some of the crazy rhyming we produce.

Bronze Conversationalist

It's great. Can see all the detail that way. 😉 
I understand about the poems. I'm just kinda into poetry lately, writing a lot for my Sweetie who is, alas, currently far from home. 🙂

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP