Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

U.S. EPA - List of Registered Antimicrobial Prod. for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2

Honored Social Butterfly

U.S. EPA - List of Registered Antimicrobial Prod. for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2

Here is a current list of Registered Antimicrobial Products which can be used against the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.

You have to use them as directed, meaning that they have to remain on a treatable surface for the recommended amount of time.

The EPA Registration number for the product should be shown on the package label - so don't just go by the name of the product. 

EPA.gov 03/02/2020 - EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-... 

I am gonna cross post this in several AARP community boards so that many will see it.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Trusted Social Butterfly

The EPA is conspiring with private industry to price gouge the general public with proprietary formulations.  Instead, we, the public, need a list of generic disinfectants against coronovirus.  For example, 91% isopropanol of no particular brand is a generic disinfectant.

I notice in the EPA list (see 72977-5 ) that an exotic form of silver is very effective for killing coronavirus.  Here are the labelled ingredients:

SDC3A.jpg

30 ppm silver costs practically nothing.  A generic product widely available to the general public is silver nitrate.  In fact, I have a pound that has been collecting dust in my basement for 40 years.  I want to know the effective concentration of silver nitrate for disinfecting coronavirus.  The federal government is GROSSLY remiss for not providing such information to the general public.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP