ACA Open Enrollment Ends Today. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Triathlon Grandma: 200 Pound Journey to World Championship!

Message 1 of 3

better health ahead.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content

Re: Triathlon Grandma: 200 Pound Journey to World Championship!

Message 2 of 3

Obviously enough, one does not have to aspire to compete to be fit. 

But to be fit, one does have to move. So let's move! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Triathlon Grandma: 200 Pound Journey to World Championship!

Message 3 of 3

Looking for a little inspiration to work on your fitness? Take a gander at Sue Reynolds' story. She lost 200 pounds and ended up competing at the World Championships.

From out of shape to competitive senior athleteFrom out of shape to competitive senior athlete

From her blog: "At 335 pounds, I couldn't put on my own shoes. I couldn't fit in restaurant booths. I made excuses to miss meetings that involved walking. At age 60, I started doing triathlons. I lost 200 pounds and qualified for the 2016 Sprint Triathlon WORLD Championship in Mexico as a member of Team USA. I still shake my head in disbelief every day. How did THAT happen!!!"

Sue along the waySue along the way

Sue gives a pretty good blow by blow account of this transformation on her Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/111615398893033432995

Her blog post about competing at the World Championships: http://triathlon-grandma.blogspot.com/2016/09/worlds-international-competition.html

I'm heading to the mini-trampoline to work off breakfast. How about you?

SUe Let's Do This!.jpg