From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: The importance of having strong mobil feet

Message 1 of 7

One of the ways my wife and I like to train, is on a grassy field, doing sprint and agility work, barefoot. (See my youtube video ageless warrior and senior parkour)

Not only does the grass offer a soft place

to land but when your running on it, 

it makes me feel like I’m shaking hands with earthSmiley Happy

.   It works your feet in a way that shoes will never be able to. It reminds you of how good it feels when your feet start  feeling human! 

Things to know-

The bottom of your foot has as many sensors as your hands so wearing shoes constantly will desensitize these sensors.

Remember if your feet are only as flexible as your shoes...you have shoes for feet!

Keep your feet healthy, strong and flexible...until your done with them

Norman and Debbie Compton

stackinggurus.com

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Hi, @roberts258723. I suggest a pair of cycling gloves. You can pick them up for cheap (I'm thinking a pair of Bell bike glves sell for under $12 at Walmart, other brands sell for $30 at bike shops), and they have padded palms, so that may be just the thing for you.

But ... jimminy! Nearly 10 miles! That's awesome! Good for you.

I know what it's like to get into that sort of rhythm: we used to get in 16-22 mile hikes each weekend. Fantastic way to nourish one's soul. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Hello

I have a pair of Aluminum walking poles,that I have put rubber Tips on them 

Using the walking poles,tires me out

I am up to walking

Approximately ten miles a day

I have had to wrap a bandage around my right thumb because the handle of the walking pole rubs the skin off the inside of my lower thumb.

I know the bandage is a temporary solution

I am looking for gloves that I can wear

Take Care

Bob

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@normanc115967 OK! My marching orders. Smiley Happy  Thanks much!

BTB, just took 5 mi walk number 2 while focusing on posture. It really does take focus. I'm sure it will become natural in time. Smiley Happy It does feel good to walk so erect. It's just not second nature yet.

Thanks again for your generosity!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Those are excellent but try adding the ballerina toe stretch. Flex your  arches and point your toes. Then keeping your foot flexed, try bringing back just the toes, pause for a 2 beat followed by a dorsiflex. Repeat,

next: draw circles with your feet each way. Do the alphabet be creative.  You can do these sitting on your sofa with your feet on a ottoman while watching TV!! 

Next reason:

Your Achilles tendon will not stretch,

it depends on flexible toes that can bend Back and forth on their own along with  strong flexible arches.

Again the achilles has no give, its a tendon not a muscle. 

If your feet become tight and weak your achilles will suffer.

Flat Feet:

Even flat feet have a muscle at the arche that to needs to be worked in the same fashion.

Hope this helps

remember,

If there’s a muscle

there’s a reason

🌴🤙🏽 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Hi again @normanc115967 Norman (and Debbie),

So... do foot stretches?  Like these in this Prevention article? https://www.prevention.com/fitness/foot-stretches-prevent-pain

I started doing toe, foot nad ankle stretches a few years ago when I was rehabbing from (one of a series of) mountaineering accidents. I actually do them morning and night. The regimen has absolutely helped get rid of that first-thing-in-the-morning foot pain (then again, losing 55 pounds in the past 3 years has probably helped a lot too, so there's that Smiley Wink)

DH has started doing foot stretches this year: it has helped him with our competitive cycling.

So this is me saying: Yep! Work those feet if you want them to keep you mobile!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

The importance of having strong mobil feet

Message 7 of 7

In the 80 combined years of being in the health and fitness world never has anyone come to us and say “can you help me have stronger more flexible feet?”

Think of it like this,

In almost every physical endeaver, in almost every competitive sport what makes contact with the ground first? The feet! Everything else is a disrant second So keep your feet strong and flexible and remember this, 

Your feet is your foundation and

if your feet are only as flexible as your shoes, then you have shoes for feet!

Mahalo nui

Norman and Debbie Compton

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season