Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The RBG Workout

Message 1 of 4

@HammH wrote:

@ManicProgressive  Thank you for the inspiration . I plan to be kicking butt at her age.

The best part...

"What Justice Ginsburg shows is that indeed, you can get stronger at any age — at 65, at 83 — and I suspect, and the science shows, that she'll be doing a workout at 93, and still adding muscle and still adding functional capacity," he said. "It also keeps her mentally sharp, and extends her life."

@HammH Right: if we are going to live a long time, we probably should be aiming for mental acuity, functional capacity and physical strength. Go RBG! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@ManicProgressive  Thank you for the inspiration . I plan to be kicking butt at her age.

The best part...

"What Justice Ginsburg shows is that indeed, you can get stronger at any age — at 65, at 83 — and I suspect, and the science shows, that she'll be doing a workout at 93, and still adding muscle and still adding functional capacity," he said. "It also keeps her mentally sharp, and extends her life."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

A snippet:

It can be a problem when older people lose muscle mass — it's called sarcopenia — or bone. But strength training offsets that process, allowing them to maintain or even gain muscle mass. Westcott's research has found that even people in their 90s can regain several pounds of muscle mass through training.

Two thumbs way up to RBG's workout! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

The RBG Workout

Message 4 of 4

Love her or hate her, it's awesome that's she is into fitness at 84.   Smiley Happy

I hope I'm still doing half of that when I'm 84.  

http://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2017/10/17/ruth-bader-ginsburg-exercise-book?utm_source=facebook.co...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.