Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: The Best Exercise for Aging Muscles

Message 1 of 21

First of all, i will tell you that don't go for weight lifting. Go for repetetions more as much as you can becuase it will give you strength and also beneficial for muscles. Below i am mentioning some exercise which you need to follow :

1 ) Chest Workout (Flat bench, Incline Bench, Decline Bench, Butterfly machine).

2) Back workout (Pull ups, row exercise, pulldown exercise, deadlift ).

3) Bicep and Tricep ( EZ bar curl,Zottman curl, closs grip bench press,dip).

This are the some important workout you need to follow.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

I am a Health and Wellness author on https://davidsway.blog and we have studied this extensively. Strength training is definitely the best exercise for aging muscles. We have to work harder as we age in order to get similar results like when we were younger. While hard work is hard, it's easier than becoming debilitated. The time and money that may be saved in the doctor's office by avoiding muscle atrophy and building lean muscle is definitely worth the effort involved. Always get your physician's approval before beginning any exercise program.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21
This is excellent, but don't forget to add healthy eating and great Vitamins and Supplements.
And don't forget your eyes. Macular degeneration is real and affects 11 million Americans.
Pick a good eye vitamin with Lutein. I have been using OPTIMAL EYES ( I get it on Amazon or eBay), and so far so good.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

The next time you have a medical check-up, don’t be surprised if your doctor hands you a prescription to walk. Yes, this simple activity that you’ve been doing since you were about a year old is now being touted (along with other forms of regular physical activity) as “the closest thing we have to a wonder drug,” in the words of Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Judging from the research, it’s a well-earned reputation.

Walking can have a bigger impact on disease risk and various health conditions than just about any other remedy that’s readily available to you. What’s more, it’s free and has practically no negative side effects.

Walking for 2.5 hours a week—that’s just 21 minutes a day—can cut your risk of heart disease by 30%. In addition, this do-anywhere, no-equipment-required activity has also been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and keep you mentally sharp. In fact, according to some estimates, walking regularly could save Americans over $100 billion a year in health care costs. Even a quick one-minute jaunt pays off . A University of Utah study in 2014 found that for every minute of brisk walking that women did throughout the day, they lowered their risk of obesity by 5%. No more “I don’t have time” excuses!

>>>

https://www.health.harvard.edu/exercise-and-fitness/walking-for-health

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

* Aerobic exercises like jogging may help reverse some heart damage from normal aging.

* Strength-training moves like tai chi are best for preserving muscles from age-related decline.

* There may be a powerful link between regular cardio, like swimming and walking, and a lower risk of      dementia.

* Cardio workouts may also improve the look and feel of your skin.

* Activities like cycling may also protect your immune system from some age-related decline.

* Other types of strength training can include moves like planks and squats.

* Aerobic workouts may guard against age-related decline because of reduced brain connectivity.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

I'm 63 and have been weight lifting regularly since I was 43. I was also a personal trainer. I weight lift 3× a week and walk or hike each day that I don't weight train. I don't feel my age and although I was diagnosed with osteopenia recently, I wonder if I hadn't been consistent, possibly  I'd have full fledged osteoporosis. Keep working out ! Start slow if not used to it and you will start enjoying the benefits of being active in no time.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

Exercise is the best activity to make muscles strong. If you are an initiator start from basic exercise then go for hard. You can try aerobics, jogging, running, yoga etc, it will help you to boost your energy as well as it improves your fitness easily but for this continuation is necessary by the person who wants to stay fit.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

Very well said! 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21
The best exercises I do on a regular basis are Go4life from the NIH, 4x4 by JJ Virgin and Walk Away the pounds by Leslie Sansone these exercises work every muscle in the body.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21
@2Papa Of course they do, as long as what you have in the 12 ounce glass doesn't splash out when you do your curls!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors