Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers Cancellation

Message 1 of 5

Extremely disappointed in the Silver Sneakers cancellation. Especially since we just received notification today, which reallly limits our shopping for other insurance coverage during the holidays. I really should not have counted on them. I will start shopping around immediately 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

I was shocked by this as well and started researching alternatives. I came across this video on youtube that has a few different options and some good info about what is happening with sneakers. He has some recommendations for alternatives also depending on whats near you

https://youtu.be/Ug_BMbO6TKk

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the comments & ideas. Found nearest Planet Fitness is 20 miles away. Will investigate BC BS further.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

I'm 75 and my wife is 70. We've been members of Planet Fitness in Nashua for 5 years. Actually, we do weight training together. $10.00 per month and NO committment to a yearly plan. They also have a trainer on staff  at no extra cost. I've lost 50 lbs and my wife 10 lbs.Dan PF 01.jpgDecember 2018Dan 9.jpg20150513_093003.jpgNancy44989808_10213682455402864_2549624382272045056_n.jpg

We have Anthem BC and BS supplement and we both have received payment reimbursement for our PF memberships. Comparing rates, Anthem is much less for premiums than United Health Care.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Silver Sneakers Cancellation

Message 5 of 5

Very disappointed that Silver Sneakers is no longer a part of our insurance thru United Healthcare and the way it was handled by AARP & United Healthcare. Since heart bypass surgery and breaking my hip in a fall on ice, Silver Sneakers Has been an integral part of my life for rehab. At the insurance rates we pay each month/year I didn't appreciate the letter received telling us how great they are and the additional services we get (which were already available to us) and by the way, you can now purchase a fitness club membership at half price which in some cases can cost an additional $30-$40 each month.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season