There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your Thanksgiving healthy recipes

Message 1 of 6

We arrange assorted sushi into the shape of a turkey 🍗 Pumpkin flavored tofu for dessert. 🥧

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

My Healthy dish is mashed turnip with carrots. Salt and pepper to taste! Great festive orange color to go with green beans or spinach for Thanksgiving feast!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

I decided to go with fresh green beans instead of green bean casserole and for the last few years everyone has enjoyed them just as much. I just steam fresh green beans toss them with butter YES! Butter! Sprinkle with either chopped almonds or pecans and serve. I let people salt and pepper their own to taste far healthier and for some reason I have had no leftovers. Lenore Hoffmann 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Maybe going "cold turkey" on high fat items is too much, too fast.  If people equate Thanksgiving with mashed potatoes and gravy, serve that (maybe substitute half and half for cream in the potatoes).  But find a healthier dessert-- most people are stuffed by that time anyway, so having a lighter dessert might feel better anyway.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

We tried having healthy dishes for Thanksgiving one year. That resulted in complaints, across the board from the family, that one doesn't do that on Thanksgiving. Smiley Tongue

So, stay with the full fat ingredients..........

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Share your Thanksgiving healthy recipes

Message 6 of 6

Most of us are thinking healthier each year - what healthy recipe can you share for Thanksgiving?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies