Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program

Message 1 of 5

Oh, oh..........This isn't working, my neighbor tells me. He tried that site again, no working phone no, website not worth====. I'll try something else, but don't hold out much hope for success. As I said,

"government as usual".

Sandee2
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@ss11943859wrote:

Kudos, Epster ! Going to pass this on. I hope it helps, too. Many seniors don't qualify for the assistance the younger generation get. I hope others reading this are helped.

I hope it helps, too.

Best wishes,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Kudos, Epster ! Going to pass this on. I hope it helps, too. Many seniors don't qualify for the assistance the younger generation get. I hope others reading this are helped.

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Hi Sandee @ss11943859  I didn't know a thing about this Federal program, so went a-searching on the Web. I'm now a 90-second Internet scholar. Smiley Happy I have suggested to AARP a number of times that they figure out a program to give seniors a discount at farmers markets, so your headline caught my eye. The difference between my idea and this Federal program is that the latter is for low-income seniors while I think helping seniors eat more veggies is a good thing no matter how much income they have.

Anyway...

This site  https://www.fns.usda.gov/sfmnp/senior-farmers-market-nutrition-program-sfmnp

contains a link to a list of state agencies that are involved in the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program.  So I guess the place to start on Monday morning is with the most convenient agency in your state that is participating in this Federal program.

Best wishes,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program

Message 5 of 5

I've been trying to assist a neighbor with trying to reach this office. Phone number given in the Consumer Action Handbook has a recorded message that tells him the number can't be reached.

The website doesn't help either, he tells me.  Seniors are supposed to get coupons for use at a farmers market. Sounds good- if one can access the office. Anyone have any info on this ?

Sounds like 'government as usual'.  Smiley Mad

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.