Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senior Athlete Travels Many Roads in Many Ways (profile piece)

Message 1 of 2

Near the end of the piece he recounts his personal history "military family that moved around alot, high school track team," and so on... and now I am wondering if there is a senior athlete gene, for he and I have similar backgrounds. Except in my family it was my grandma who worked for the circus.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Senior Athlete Travels Many Roads in Many Ways (profile piece)

Message 2 of 2

Interesting profile of stellar senior athlete RODNEY ATHERTON (who once was a circus performer!)

http://www.flasports.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Rodney-Atherton-Active-Living.pdf

A snippet:

"If Rodney Atherton’s track and field training diary were a passport, he would be recognized as a world traveler.

After setting high jump, triple jump and pole vault records at the 2016 Florida Senior Games, in the 60-64 age group, he has traveled to six track and field meets around the state and country, sharing his Tallahassee-based talents.

In 2017, Atherton competed in the Emerald Coast Senior Games (Destin), Capital City Senior Games, Good Life Games (Pinellas County), The Villages Senior Games, the USATF Florida Championships, in Jacksonville, and the USATF Masters National Championships in Baton Rouge.

At the USATF National Championships, Atherton won a gold high jump medal, silver medals in the triple jump and pentathlon, and a bronze in pole vault. He also finished fourth in long jump, sixth in the 100-meter hurdles and ninth in discus. That’s six events in four days.

His medal count could have been higher but during the 100-meter hurdles, he fell after hitting the final hurdle, got back up, and finished sixth place. “That was a good meet,” he said."

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark