You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senior Athlete, Dentist by Day, Wins Slot in World Championship Triathlon

Message 1 of 2

One of the things I find inspiring about this senior athlete is that he says he was out of shape a few years ago and committed to getting into shape. 

We don't have to aspire to compete at any level, let alone the Iron Man Championship, and still we get into shape the same way this fellow did: choice by choice, day by day.

Here's hoping you take steps toward improved fitness today and every day!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Senior Athlete, Dentist by Day, Wins Slot in World Championship Triathlon

Message 2 of 2

Well this is an inspiring story! You may not want to become a triathlete, but if improved fitness is your goal, you'll get there the same way this guy did: step by step. Let's all take steps to better health today!

Story Excerpt:

LONGMONT, CO — Tom Bogan’s childhood memory of nearly drowning in a Boulder, CO pool scared him out of the water until about five years ago, when he committed to learning to swim.

“I remember distinctly breathing water in and out of my lungs,” he said of the experience.

The Boulder dentist and Longmont resident is now a two-time Ironman, who swims, runs, cycles and lifts weights up to 14 hours a week as training for his next races.

Bogan, 57, said he reversed his health and well-being about five years ago after being fed up with having consistent headaches and feeling out of shape. He said he walked into 24 Hour Fitness and eased into a workout program ... “I don’t know how many stairs I climbed, but it was a lot of them over a long period of time.” 

Read the entire article here: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/02/boulder-dentist-compete-ironman-world-championship/

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies