You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rosewater - healthy use of my rose petals

Message 1 of 3

FYI, rose water and orange blossom water are commonly used in Mideastern cooking.  Also, rose water and screw pine flower (kewra) water is commonly used in Indian cooking.  Kewra tastes awful unless it is very dilute.. 

keora.jpg

The Indians have a marzipan-like sweet (cashews replace almonds) sometimes flavored with rose and kewra.  They are the cylindrical things shown below:

SweetsOnPlate.jpg

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rosewater - healthy use of my rose petals

Message 2 of 3

@SaraL218963  I think it was quite popular in Europe in years past!

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Rosewater - healthy use of my rose petals

Message 3 of 3

I was recently reading an article about ROSEWATER.

It contains numerous, powerful antioxidants. Since ancient times, Roses have been used medicinally, nutritionally, and as a source of perfume. 

Rose water is a rose-flavored water made by steeping rose petals in water. ( I found DIY videos on youtube on how to make it) Or... the hydrosol portion of the distillate of rose petals, a by-product of the production of rose oil for use in perfume. It is used to flavor food, as a component in some cosmetic and medical preparations, and for religious purposes throughout the east. 

Benefits of Rosewater

Rose water is quite antiseptic, so acne-causing bacteria don't stand a chance, when you use it natural skin toner. 
Rose water even tightens the pores making them appear smaller. 
The best and easiest way to use rose water maybe to apply it at night, to help clear all impurities the face has picked up through the day.

A list of benefits includes :

Contains antioxidants
Helps skin - Heals cuts, scars, and burns
Helps sore throats
Helps skin redness
Helps prevent and treat some infections
Helps mood
Helps Relieve headaches
Anti-aging properties
Helps some digestion problems

Who knew ?

-Sara