Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

RED, WHITE, and BLUE TIME!!!

HAPPY (almost) Fourth of July, Everyone!

As I trudge outside armed with my red, white, and blue decorations (oof! ha!), I thought it might be fun to share how we decorate and celebrate.  Who knows?  It might give someone some new ideas they've never thought of?

As for me, I decorate my country mailbox with a colorful wreath and a decent sized American flag.

Next, I will decorate my black, wrought iron fence with flags and garland.  The front door will have a long, narrow flag and a banner with the flag and fireworks display on it. And my business will of course have quite a large American flag that has been in my family and handed down.  Plus garland, plus a big red wooden star cut out of a wooden plank that will lean up against the entryway, plus a pretty red, white and blue star to hang.   My business sign will have a big metal firecracker next to it.

My sunporch will be decked out and my dining room too.   Hmmm...have I missed anything?   Hahaha!   I have this thing for Patriotism!    😘🤗

Spoiler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Silver Conversationalist

@RosemaryF433825  So patriotic! I love them!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Yaaaa @RosemaryF433825 and thank you!

I'd be so grateful to see pics (as I have no outdoor space now). If you're comfortable, please share; if not, that's okay.

Either way, tysvm for your heartfelt patriotism!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@WebWiseWoman   Alright!  Ha!   I make no promises, as I have never place a photo on this site before.  But I'm going to give it my best shot, per your request, and we'll see what happens!   I have a photo of the decorated mailbox, one of the wrought-iron fencing, and one of the front of my business.  Enjoy!!!

Welcome to my home!!!!Welcome to my home!!!!Patriotic "curb appeal!"Patriotic "curb appeal!"Heron's Haunt is dressed up for the 4th!Heron's Haunt is dressed up for the 4th!

Regular Social Butterfly

So BEAUTIFUL! TYSVM, Rosemary!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@RosemaryF433825  So patriotic! I love them!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@LindaB671   I'm glad you enjoyed them.  You kind of had to tilt your head to see the mailbox one.  Ha!!  

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@RosemaryF433825  No worries! I’m not sure why, but almost all of my photos post sideways on here.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@WebWiseWoman   I'll see what I can do for ya, WebWise!   👍

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@WebWiseWoman   And this is a photo of my security guard for the business!   ♥️Security Guard, Assistant to the CEO, In charge of Morale, and all around character!Security Guard, Assistant to the CEO, In charge of Morale, and all around character!

Regular Social Butterfly

Exactly; so wish he/she was mine!

#VegasStrong
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm thinking I'll decorate a bowl with strawberries, vanilla bean ice cream and blueberries and stick a spoon in it, and leave it at that. 😅

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@DeahWA   Hey!  That works for me too!  Enjoy!!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP