AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Positive Thinking: Stop Negative Self Talk To Reduce Stress

Message 1 of 26 (261 Views)

s225154r wrote:

I have to admit, sometimes (just sometimes) I worry too.... 

@s225154r Oh sure, me too. Things like "Is that other cyclists hurt? Should I go back and find him?" The trick being balancing that with positive thoughts and ideas. I hope. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 26 (516 Views)

Definitely food for thought... "if we are worried, we are LIVING IN THE FUTURE. Stay in the NOW..."

Love it! And, it's definitely something I'll pass along to the many people I come across that worry constantly. I have to admit, sometimes (just sometimes) I worry too.... 

Message 3 of 26 (2,872 Views)

mrsrg2 wrote:
That is not living. If the only thing in life you have to look forward to is not being disappointed, then there is never any growth, any joy or any adventure in your dull, mondain life. There is much joy in adventures, people and interesting times. Everyone needs to let go and let God fill your life with joy and gladness, just grateful for the blessing to be alive.

@mrsrg2  We have a similar outlook, I see. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 26 (2,995 Views)
That is not living. If the only thing in life you have to look forward to is not being disappointed, then there is never any growth, any joy or any adventure in your dull, mondain life. There is much joy in adventures, people and interesting times. Everyone needs to let go and let God fill your life with joy and gladness, just grateful for the blessing to be alive.
Conversationalist

Message 5 of 26 (3,142 Views)

To the poster with a hurricane comment ... I live in a state that just recently had a hurricane. Naturally, it isn't pleasant, but there are things worse than this. Most of it is perspective.

I'm neither. I'm a realist. It has its benefits and its drawbacks. I make my determinations with facts, research, charts, numbers, Etc. It sounds dull but I'm somewhat comfortable with it.

Message 6 of 26 (3,408 Views)

@pcallary  I hope to see you posting often on these boards. Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 26 (3,554 Views)

Thanks for the feedback and support!

Message 8 of 26 (3,948 Views)

pcallary wrote:

Yep. I try to stay in a state of gratitude. It is impossible to be in gratitude and sad/pessimistic at the same time. If we are worried...we are living in the future. Staying in the NOW helps me relax and stay grounded. Whenever I feel myself getting anxious/worried, I come back to NOW and find something/anything to be grateful for. 

@pcallary  Such a laudable attitude!

(And hey: welcome to the online community! Smiley Happy)

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 26 (4,042 Views)

Yep. I try to stay in a state of gratitude. It is impossible to be in gratitude and sad/pessimistic at the same time. If we are worried...we are living in the future. Staying in the NOW helps me relax and stay grounded. Whenever I feel myself getting anxious/worried, I come back to NOW and find something/anything to be grateful for. 

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 26 (4,095 Views)

I'm an oportunist. While the optimist and pessimist were arguing as to whether the glass of water was half full or half empty, I drank it.

Geezergeek