Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

PUT AWAY THE MASK - Ready, Set, GO . . . .

Honored Social Butterfly

PUT AWAY THE MASK - Ready, Set, GO . . . .

So I guess we (most people) are pretty much over this year long+ disaster - unless something else happens

AP 05/13/2021 - CDC: Fully vaccinated people can largely ditch masks indoors 

FOR THE MOST PART:  No mask, large & small gatherings OK, no social distancing - with a very few exceptions

Watch the CDC Director Announcement (CBS NEWS)

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I agree that allot of people are over this disease however what does the disease have to say?????   It could get nasty out there

Trusted Social Butterfly

Keep the mask and put away flu shots, cold medicine and cosmetic lip and teeth enhancements.

Bronze Conversationalist

IMO, people should do what they feel comfortable with.  If you don't wish to wear a mask and that's possible in your area, then don't.  However, if you choose to continue wearing a mask or your area still requires it (my public places still do), then by all means do.  Even though our Governor has dropped that requirement before the CDC did, our stores, gas stations, churches, etc. still require people wear them...and social distance too.  But wearing one has never bothered me nor been an inconvenience for me.    Thanks!   

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky 

👍

And we can have pre-designed mask that suit our personality feelings of the day or even all the time.  

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'm doing a happy dance for y'all. We put away our masks except for when we went into the bigger towns around us a while back, and we've barely worn then at all since last month when we celebrated our 2 weeks after the second shot. We live in a rural area of Texas which is a somewhat less restrictive state than many - and things are a bit different here. 

But I've noticed quite a few people are very hesitant to do so, and some seem downright resistant. I've heard mention of "Covid induced social anxiety" in people who never had social anxiety, and even a comparison with Stockholm Syndrome with some people seeming to almost prefer the life of a captive.  I hope anyone who feels that way will get some support either from friends or professionals. 

To people who are nervous but not panicked I'd say take it slowly. Carry your mask but try to use it a little less. Be intentional in your use - don't just put it on automatically.  Think about what you're afraid of and whether that's really riskier than driving on the highway. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP