On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Move often for less pain

Message 1 of 7

@AARPTeri wrote:

No pain, no gain?  Do you move often to avoid pain?  Great article with excerpts from a variety of health experts.  What do you think?

Link; http://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2016/weight-loss-metabolism-health-experts.html

I'd have to say that the trainer and nutritionist in this article know what they are talking about. That's not to diss the other two experts, it's just that I am unfamiliar with those scenarios. The training and nutritition gigs though, I have plenty of experience with. 

People can click through to read the specifics as posted in the comments on this article, but 2 years ago I was muffintopping out of a size 12 and now I am a size 8 (I'm 5'9"). I got here basically doing what the trainer and nutritionist quoted in this piece say to do. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7
I love your post, it definitely put something on my mind. For the past year I've done nothing but court the couch. Starting today I mean to get up and out and do something positive , if nothing else but walk around the block. a couple of times! Thank You!
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Good for you, info seeker ! Keep on trucking !

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Been working out in a gym for the first time in my life.  Some weights, and mostly cardio (mostly bikes), which I'm hoping will reduce my mid-section too.  Just trying to get/stay healthy.  Also try to be active outdoors (walks, trail bicycle, mountain bike, etc.)  I've found the real meaning of no pain no gain LOL  Battling the muscle and joint soreness (onset of arthritis) with protein drinks after a workout. 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

That's all well and good unless the movement causes the pain!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

A slothful life is perfect for aging cheese and wine, but I know it won’t work for me. Keep active.

“Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day”

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Move often for less pain

Message 7 of 7

No pain, no gain?  Do you move often to avoid pain?  Great article with excerpts from a variety of health experts.  What do you think?

Link; http://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2016/weight-loss-metabolism-health-experts.html

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies