Are Communities Becoming More Livable? How Does Your Community Stack Up in AARP's New 2018 Livability Index. Find Out Now!

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Re: MAKING GETTING OLD EASIER

Message 1 of 7

I think attitued is the most important thing to help us in growing older. Instead of feeling my bodies shortcomings and letting it get me down, I find ways to "work around" them. 

I can't get down on my knees in the garden any longer, but that doesn't stop me from planting and enjoying flowers. A raised flower bed and a garden trolly that I can sit on still have me out in the yard enjoying the day. 

I can't hear well, but that doesn't stop me from a movie night in a theater. Most, if not all, of the theaters these days have closed captioning devices that let me enjoy a night out with my friends. Why miss out on a good life grumbeling about what I can't do when I have proved to myself that there are ways that I can still do what I want. Attitude is the most help of all I say.

Report Inappropriate Content
Silver Conversationalist

Re: MAKING GETTING OLD EAISER

Message 2 of 7

I like that I have so much time to do whatever I want when I want!  I'm retired and now My Mind has gone soaring thru the Universe with The Shift Network, videos, , seminars,talks,such delight.

Netflix can open your mind to Documentaries. There's a world out there- Go forth and capture it!

Puzzles on your iPad- pick the hardest and tell your Reptilian Brain, you can do it and will do it-Aha!

If you have a pool, enter it and tell yourself- your going on an adventure, jumping, swimming, back floats to wherever your heart desires, mine is Waikiki- no sand - just miles and miles of water, no sharks.

Get a good game like- Bat+Man- will open a path so wide, you will wonder how you missed it.  It makes you think Off the Wall, try it!

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 7

For me it's the freedom to do as I please and the disappearance of stress.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 7

Perhaps more people using spell check or learning to spell words such as "easier"

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 7

@Lon1934 wrote:

Things that make growing old easier, even pleasurable.

Here are a few things that have made my growing older much easier,fun, interesting,educational, exciting, pleasurable.

Internet, Amazon Prime, Uber, On Line Forums,Full Body Massages, You Tube,Face Book, GrubHub, Online grocery delivery, Netflix, ROKU,

How about:

Good health,  Health Insurance, Savings, Family, Friends, Pets, Hobbies

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Community Manager

Message 6 of 7

Great topic!!  

AARPTeri
Bronze Conversationalist

MAKING GETTING OLD EAISER

Message 7 of 7

Things that make growing old easier, even pleasurable.

Here are a few things that have made my growing older much easier,fun, interesting,educational, exciting, pleasurable.

Internet, Amazon Prime, Uber, On Line Forums,Full Body Massages, You Tube,Face Book, GrubHub, Online grocery delivery, Netflix, ROKU,