ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Conversationalist

Re: Looking for strength to live

Message 1 of 5
how do i place add. I am a care giver
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 5

Agoraphobia is nothing to joke about.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 3 of 5

I ran away from home 14 years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did. I had no plan, but things just worked out. It's not for everyone, though.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5

So @bm95995161, to me it sounds like maybe you want to experience life unfettered and are unsure where to begin.

Close?

Let me know if I'm reading you right and if so, let's chat. Smiley Happy

Epster, of the unfettered tribe

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Looking for strength to live

Message 5 of 5

This may sound funny, but I want to run away from home. I live with a very unpleasant relative in a house too big to manage without help. The relative can't help with upkeep because she doesn't believe in doctors and is content to "wait for God" to make her well or take her away. She is agoraphobic, as well. In the meantime, I'm older, healthier, and in need of friends, though the agoraphobia seems to be contagious. Just joking. Any suggestions? I have a son and his family on the other side of the continent, but his wife and he think that if I move closer to them, I must have my own place to live and transportation. They have a small place and they have a lifestyle that does not include people like me. Ergo, moving toward them would entail being able to come up with a significantly larger monthly income to contribute to the upkeep of households on both coasts, even if I'm lucky enough to drive my 11 year old car cross country alone. I didn't mention the fact that I'm blind in one eye and losing the other to disease.

Actually, now that I've read this, I feel embarassed to have reached this age and failed to achieve more love, more wealth, more strength.