Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Let's talk about face masks/coverings

Regular Social Butterfly

Let's talk about face masks/coverings

Early on, while relying on my government, I did not even think about wearing a face mask.

Now that I've heard and read CDC and WHO information, I'm appalled at anyone NOT wearing one.

I have to wonder why anyone doesn't when in the presence of others, and would appreciate their thoughts and reasoning.

Thank you in advance!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Kudos
Views
Replies
Super Contributor

By the grace of God,we should obey the Governors who have put in place an Executive Order with a mandate to wear face masks when out and about among other people. I see a lot people out and about in the grocery stores at the gas stations with no mask on. I pray quietly that God will give them revelation to obey the Governor in Jesus name. We have a good Governor who's looking out for the best interest of the people in the state of Michigan and deserves our respect as such. God has given her the Office of Authority as with the Governors of every state.

I wear the mask going out of my apt. to the grocery stores,to get gas,and to the workplace once a week because I honor and respect God first,and who He has put in Authority. 

There was a reason why a lot of Israelites didn't get to the promise land: they were murmuring,complaining,and disobedient to God,and they died wondering around in the wilderness.

This virus have killed a lot of people because of them murmuring,complaining and being disobedient to the law of the land. (wear the mask if you go out,wash your hands- nothing hard about doing this,except, pride will stop a lot of people from obeying)

First of all, then, I urge that petitions (specific requests), prayers, intercessions (prayers for others) and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all people, 2 for [a]kings and all who are in [positions of] high authority, so that we may live a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This [kind of praying] is good and acceptable and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, (1 Timothy 2:1-3 Amplified Bible)

Blessings to all and your households who obey in Jesus name. Stay,healed,well,and safe

Margreta Maple
Regular Contributor

i wear face masks and gloves when i'm around people out of my home and i also carry wipes and spray bottle with alcohol so i can use it at work and in my car; i really want to stay safe because i don't want to get the coronavirus and i don't want to pass it on to anyone else.  since my gloves are on all the time to protect my hands i also make sure to wash my hands (with gloves) constantly throughout the day.  this seems to help me, although i do look a bit silly.  but, it is OK.  at my age  i'm OK with looking silly

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Always near others.  I'm glad we have a legal mandate here to wear masks.  I really feel for folks in those states where many choose NOT to wear masks. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I wear a face mask everywhere. As has been repeated over and over, the face mask is not only to protect yourself; it is to protect others from you too.

I fall into at least four of the higher risk categories, heart issue, former chemo recipient, type A blood, and older adult so I try to be as careful as possible.

I have asked people to back away from me if they get too close and I would love to ask people why they aren't wearing a mask and give them a piece of my mind but I am too old for a fist fight.

The excuses I hear from folks are just idiotic like "I'm gonna get it anyway" or "It's my right as an American citizen" or "It's the government trying to control what we do".

Idiots all.

I hope no one dies but I do hope that Trump's rally ends up with a bunch of people very sick and hope none come back to my state, we've got enough problems.

I don't know how many responses you are going to get because you are asking folks to point out why they are unintelligent.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP