Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

☀ Let′s Share What We Saw While Taking A Walk Today

Super Contributor

☀ Let′s Share What We Saw While Taking A Walk Today

Smiley Happy
⊱⊱⊱ This morning, my pair of darling Sheltie
sisters and I heard, and then stopped to admire a flock of perhaps a dozen beautiful Canada geese ∽ very gracefully, just gliding across the lake.

Image result for canada geese on lake clipart

♥ Shelties are not my whole life ∽ but they make my life whole ♥
Contributor

I see all of God's creation!  The beautiful trees on the trail, the flowers that grow like weeds, the vines hanging from the trees, and the way the first trees are starting to turn!  All of His creation shouts "Praise Him"!

Regular Contributor

As I was walking with my dog this morning, I passed a neighbor's house where a backhoe had dug up an enormous area of their lawn due to a leak in the underground water pipes.  This gaping hole was filled with dirty water oozing into the street.  Someone planted 2 signs there:  NO FISHING  and SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.  I couldn't contain my laughter.  Someone has a good sense of humor.  Thank you for my morning chuckles---whoever you are!!

Contributor

Cute! I would laugh too.
Sue
Contributor

While walking my dog on a closed golf course we saw a beautiful red fox. Sara was excited!

Social Butterfly

I saw a car accident where a woman rear ended another car.  I saw the drivers head of the hit car whip back and forth.  I thought oh oh, whiplash.  I think the guilty driver was checking me out and not paying attention to the road.  Well, anyway, the cops came but no ambulance so apparently there was no injury.  I’m glad about that!

Contributor

Roaming the streets of Manhattan yesterday, I stumbled by St. Mark's Church in-the-Bowery on the Lower East Side.  The site is New York's oldest parcel of land to host a church, going back to the time of the New Amsterdam settlement in 1660, as built by Peter Stuyversant as a family chapel on his farmland.  An old cemetery around the current Episcopal parish church (dating back to 1799) memoralizes the Stuyversant family, a past Vice-President of the United States, among others.  Two hundred-plus years of architecture and about 400 years of history, by chance during a half-mile walk enroute elsewhere.

Contributor

I'm in Tucson and we have a "loop" walking biking trail that runs for over 100 miles. I see all kinds of wildlife on my walks.  The most exciting and slightly scary was a trio of javelinas right in front of me as I came around a bend.  We stared at each other as I slowly backed up and they went on their way. This morning I saw a beautiful and large hawk landing on a bush near me. I'm not a birder so I'm not sure what kind it was.  But it stopped me in my tracks as I gasped.  Wonderful

I didn't actually see them but did hear a flock of geese overhead. It always excites me to hear them since it means the 100+ degree days are behind us and autumn is showing up in earnest. I live in the Pacific Flyway so it is just the beginning of the duck and geese migrations here.

Info Seeker

I adore geese! And their honks...ah...for some reason, so soothing for me. I live on the Texas border and don't get to see or hear them...
Contributor

I was walking out of a second hand store this afternoon, when an older Man walked up to the Security Gaurd, and proceeded to tell him, "My front passenger window was smashed and two laptops and a camera were stolen from the front seat."

I wish I could have some sympathy for him, but most cars have trunks.

Contributor

Walking my 14-year-old rescue dog early this morning , I saw five white ibises watching from the top of a scraggly pine tree. When we passed by again going back to the car, they had gone. 

Periodic Contributor

I saw the beautiful sunrise... Falls in the DMV area are breathtaking!

Super Contributor

🐾 No other *puppydog parents*
       walk their dogs every day? 🐾
AnybodyHome.jpg

Super Contributor

Smiley Embarassed Today, we watched a flock of wild TURKEYS
as they crossed just ahead of us on a deer trail, 
deep in the woods!

Clip art turkey in oven clipart

Super Contributor

stormy.gif
 Nooo ∙ ∙ ∙

what we saw this morning made us turn and rush home.

⊱⊱⊱ It began to seriously SNOW and it's only November
!

Periodic Contributor

We walked a mile , my weeny dog has never liked bad weather . It's been raining for a couple of days . Last night was really tough on us. Hopefully it will be sunny soon. Eventually she's bonkers. 🐕🙏🐾💦
Super Contributor

Smiley Happy
⊱⊱⊱ Early this morning ∽ being very still and quiet ∽ we watched several truly 
gorgeous white∙tail deer as they enjoyed their breakfast of fallen apples ... and quite often, stretching up to pick an apple
from the trees.
Image result for deer eating apples

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP