WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Intermittent FASTING and weight loss - amazing benefits

Message 1 of 1

The positive health effects of intermittent fasting are no longer disputed. They are well-known, and often talked discussed in health circles. I was reading about this recently and it turns out this is not a new fad...been around for thousands of years.

When we eat, more food energy is ingested than can immediately be used. A percentage of this energy is be stored by the body. If we start eating non-stop stop until we go to bed, we spend almost all our time in the fed state. And so, in this state, we will gain weight. Our body needs time to burn food energy.

To restore balance or to lose weight, we can just increase the amount of time we burn food energy (fasting). Basically, fasting allows the body to use its stored energy, that's what storage is for.

Taking that break from food allows your gut time to rest and inflammation to taper down,  producing some amazing benefits to your overall being and health.

I tried it for a month and for me, the mental clarity was the big gain.

-Sara

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies