Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How do you keep yourself motivated when it comes to fitness?

Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you keep yourself motivated when it comes to fitness?

Workout at Home.jpgHaving a regular fitness routine gives you more energy, prolongs your life, helps you get better sleep and improves mental health. If your exercise routine is personal and meaningful to you, thatโ€™s all that matters!

The most important thing you can do to get fit and stay fit is finding your โ€œwhy.โ€ The key is to find the one reason why you want to exercise. If your why becomes important and visible to you, youโ€™ll be unstoppable when it comes to achieving your fitness goals. A body in motion tends to stay in motion, so when you arenโ€™t feeling motivated, keep coming back to your โ€œwhy!โ€

Whatโ€™s your "why?" How do you keep yourself motivated when it comes to fitness?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA  Thank you.  I'm sorry you had to watch the cognitive decline and passing of your grandma.  There are some new promising medications that may help rid the plaques that can build up in the brains of those with Alzheimer's.  The first big breakthrough in a long time.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Why I exercise is because it makes me feel 50 again. Keeps my weight in check, improves my concentration and mood, and like an apple a day Iโ€™m hoping itโ€™ll keep the doctor away or at least where I wonโ€™t need to visit him as often. And basically, Iโ€™d like to stay 6 feet above the ground as long as I can.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @ReTiReD51 ๐Ÿ’ช

What types of exercise do you enjoy doing?

Social Butterfly

We let our gym membership run out about a year and a half ago because of concern with Covid19. Weโ€™re looking forward to the day we feel more comfortable about returning and renewing our membership. We liked the ellipticals and the weight/resistance/pulley machines.

Now weโ€™re limited to our in home 90โ€™s era resistance/aerobic contraptions. We do a lot of walking every day, lots of yard work weather permitting and when itโ€™s not then workouts with Denise Austin. We just try to keep moving.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I also haven't returned to indoor gyms/classes. It's fortunately still decent weather where I am, and my local yoga studio puts on outdoor classes. That's been really enjoyable, and I'm not looking forward to when it gets too cold โ˜น๏ธ

Sounds like you are making do, though! Glad you've found creative ways to keep moving!

My wife and I love to walk at the Lake daily and do moderate exercises like push ups, seat ups and breathing exercises in order to be useful for our grand children and community. We believe health is wealth. Remain blessed.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I also believe health is wealth โœจ It's wonderful that you and your wife take walks around the lake together. What an excellent way to spend healthy and quality time together!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP