Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you keep up with exercise during the holidays?

Message 1 of 11

Having company over means I get more exercise than normal with extra house cleaning and entertaining activities.  Also, I get more movement with extra playtime with grandchildren.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

I TRY TO GET TO THE TOWN NORTH YMCA "ACTIVE OLDER ADULTS" PROGRAMS AS REGULARLY AS POSSIBLE.    WALK AT THE GALLERIA - GREAT STAIRCASES!   HAVE WEIGHT-TRAINING EQUIPMENT AT HOME - SOMETIMES GO TO THE FARMERS BRANCH REC CENTER!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

I HAVE AN "ACTIVE OLDER ADULTS" MEMBERSHIP AT TOWN NORTH YMCA AND IT'S THE ONLY EXERCISE MEMBERSHIP I'LL EVER BE INTERESTED IN - IT'S ALL WE SENIORS NEED!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

My husband ans I try to keep toour daily exercise schedule, but it can be tough. Five days a week we get up and out to our fitness center by 6 am ( Saturdays it is 7 am). Most of the time we are back before any guests are Awake. Since I go to bed early (9pm) I still get my 7-8 hours sleep. It is a tough schedule but it works for us.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

The best way to keep up with your exercises is to plan for your Holiday meals ahead of time.  If you have the ability to freeze some of your dishes, when you have some extra time, prepare them and put them in the freezer.  That way there is no rush on making sure that your meals are ready.  There are lots of dishes that freeze well, they last and taste freshly made after you take them from the freezer.  If you do that ahead of time, then decide what days are most convenient for you to exercise, it may not be everyday, but at least three times per week.  Then choose a time, early morning, mid afternoon, or late evening. The most important thing is to do it, make a decision and stick to it unless there is an emergency that stops you.  You will find that preparation is the key to all things.  Make it a blessed Thanksgiving and Christmas, hopes this helps. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

Having a dog helps a lot! We HAVE to do the early morning potty walk before any of the excitement begins. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

The 'holidays' are only a few days. I normally work out 5 days a week and there are 7 days to the week. It really doesn't interfere much with routine. There are a few extra days during the holidays where family gets together, but the workout days are easily made up.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

I make it a priority, and take the time to do it, whenever that time is.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

I will keep on walking because I feel better doing that.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

I can't believe it, but it's time for me to start thinking about this now, so that I can be intentional...  I cant wait to read some tips.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors